is iodine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clerty, Sep 2, 2008.

1. clerty

clerty New Member

Dangerous to take I ordered some it said on the bottle to only take with a doctors advice and take no longer that 3 days can anyone shed any light?

Clerty
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

My doctor gave me iodine(natural). Didn't see anything about it being dangerous. If I still have article about it will try to tell you more.

Can't remember why they said it was important but test showed I needed it. Sorry in flare and fog is bad. Why did you decide to get it?

The supplements I get are whole foods so I never have to worry about meds taking them.

Hope this helps. 3gs
  3. clerty

clerty New Member

I wonder if it might be because it detoxes heavy metals from your body ?

Clertyx
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

Firstly, as a side-note, I can eat shellfish, iodized salt etc. I even remember iodine being used on cuts & bruises quite liberally when I was little.

However I was given a vitamin IV 'cocktail' around 1990... the iodine in it used as a preservative caused me to go into anaphylaxsis. At least that's all the doc could figure out.

At any rate, now docs won't even use iodine antibacterial stuff on me when they see that on my chart/list of allergies.

But I can still eat shrimp and lobster, happily! Not that I get any very often...

all the best,
    Victoria

5. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I also had an allergic reaction with iodine that was in an IVP when I was thought to have Kidney Stones.

Fortunately, I only had a slight reaction, a couple of hives along the nerve line of my face. The doctor said to make sure I include this in my medical history.

The next time I had the test, they gave my benadryl
    and I was fine.

However, a good friend became very ill because of the dye but did not have to go into the hospital.

GA
  6. clerty

clerty New Member

snap that is what I am using I am taking 6 drops a day do you know if there is a protocol on Iodein ?

Clerty