is it arthritis? I need help

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Murphy Slaw, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Murphy Slaw

Murphy Slaw New Member

How do I know is this is arthritis or not. Cause I'm starting to think it might not be. The blood tests and x-rays came back negative.
    Ever since I was small (about three) I have had chronic joint pain. At first they thought it was growing pains and pretty much ignored my pain, so I learned to deal with it. Then I stopped growing and the pain continued so finally at eighteen my mom beleived me, and we went to get tests done, they thought it was arthritis because we have a family history but the tests all came back negative. I've gotten tests done multiple times and all negative. There is a strange thing, I only seem to have the symptoms of chronic joint pain, no swelling, no redness or fever. Is there a test that I don't know of that could help me find out if this is really what it is?
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Lots of nice people here to talk to.

I don't know much about arthritis even though I think I have it. Have swollen distal
    joints in the hands. No pain.

Have you seen a rheumatologist? Have you visited the arthritis board?

I hope you can find someone or something helpful.

Rock

3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Well it would be hard for us to tell, but I can only tell you my experience - first if you tested negative for RA, that's a good thing.
    When I was younger I always had growing pains. Have memories of my Mom constantly rubbing my legs, knees while I cried.

At 21, I could barely walk at times- had xrays done - no arthritis. No explanations.

I have Fibro - THOUGHT my pain was in my joints, but it's actually in everything around my joints. BUT it sure feels like it's in my joints, in my bones in some places.

Do you have any other weird symptoms?
    Where is your pain mostly? What part of your body? What helps your pain? I mean what do you do for it - how does it affect your daily life?

The Dr. you should see is a rheumatologist if you haven't already.

Pain is horrible to live it - many of us here know that. You're certainly not alone. - You just need to find out what is going on with you.
    Good Luck -
    Please let us know any updates!!

Janalynn
  4. Murphy Slaw

Murphy Slaw New Member

Well right now it is pretty much everywere. Not sure if the other things I have would go along with it. I have chronic headaches, they can be dibilitating at times. Well I have two one is at the place my neck and skull meet, the other is in the eyes. I also have a large variety of allergies.
    The pain in my joints, does feel like its in my joints, but soemtimes it feels like its in the middle of my bones. And its not alwasy pain. Generally it feels like a preasure like I have to pop my joints.
    And I haven't gotten to see a Rheumatologist, I am trying to save up enough money for medical bills. And since I am out of theropy I will have more money comeing in.
    As for what makes it better or worse, nothing really. If I do to much walking or movement it hurts more, and then it hurts if I don't do enough movement. When I got out of surgery (Dental) I didn't move much for the first 2 days and it caused my joints to hurt more.