Is it costochondritis? Help please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Aug 20, 2008.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I have bad pain on my left side about 6 inches under my arm pit. I can feel it a bit more when I breathe in and it feels sore just sitting or laying but when I touch it - WOW!!! I thought of costochondritis, but when I looked it up, it is supposed to be at the breast bone, but mine is not. So I wonder if it is that or something else. For years, since I was a child, I would off and on have a sharp pain in my left side that would be severe if I breathed in and I just had to sit quietly and breathe shallowly until it went away.

Anyway, I thought I would ask some advice.

2. msnova74

msnova74 New Member

Although Costeochondritis is most commonly in the sternum, the inflammation can be in any/all of the cartlidge in the chest.

Mine is worse on the sides than in the chest.

3. luv2float

luv2float New Member

Mine got so bad that I ended up in the ER just to make sure it wasn't something else. Of course everything checked out ok, they told me it was the fibro and probably some costo also. Unfortunately, there is not to much you can do to make this go away, mine comes and goes.

good luck to you.
  4. bdancer

bdancer New Member

I always wondered what it was I have a name.

Back when this all first started I remember one day having chest pains around the middle of my chest...I went to the ER and they couldn't find anything wrong. I also noticed during that time that when I would lift my arms up to adjust shoulder straps there was sometimes a popping noise that came from the middle of my chest and I could feel it too!

This still comes and goes.
  5. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

but now that night is getting near, it is getting sore again.