Is it just me, or are we all in the same boat?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tedebear, Sep 7, 2006.

1. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Oh....some of the nights keep getting worse. Do any of you out there have many sleepless nights despite the medications? I have nights where no matter what I try or do, I can't get comfortable enough to sleep. There doesn't seem to be any position that does not hurt. What do some of you do to combat this?
    Thanks! Soft Teddy hugs!
  2. Fredericka

Fredericka New Member

OH, yeah.

Have you been peeking into my room at night? LOL.

I can only 'sleep' (if you can call those little restless catnaps 'sleep,') about 3 -4 hrs. tops anyway.

I read somewhere that if you get very little sleep that it will shorten your lifespan. I wish I could remember what I was reading that had that in it.

I guess misery loves company.

Try to keep on going somehow anyway. What other choice do we have?

I just try to make the bed and surroundings as comfy as possible. I just bought a Cuddle Ewe underquilt and while it is wonderful and comfy, it's not a cure. But the comfort is nice, and I also love the wool pillow that came with it.

Just think plush and comfy! Doesn't have to be costly, you can make yourself comfy with what you have. (Trying to convince myself!)

Not sure this is any help, probably not!

Hugs right back atcha!
  3. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Have any of you tried the drug XYREM?
    Does it help?
  4. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

What makes me sad is my husband and I have been married for 29 years and I have to sleep in my daughter's old bedroom. I can't sleep with him anymore. Poor man was afraid to move or snore because everything wakes me up. It was affecting his sleep and he is the only one able to work so he needs his rest!

My night time ritual is a warm bath, medication to help me sleep, snuggling into warm fleezy sheets, on a 6 inch foam mattress (I can't stand the mattress on my husband's bed, it is way to firm for me). And still some nights I can't sleep.

At first when I moved to a separate bed I would cry myself to sleep. Now I realize that I do get a better nights rest but I still don't like it.

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  5. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

I too have to sleep in the spare room most nights my husband snores very loud and even if I use ear plags it does not drownd out the noise enough.

But the last 2 night have been really bad becuse I have had such terrible hip pain it shoots down my legg and it hurts no matter what side I lay on I toss and turn all night and wake up so stiff and sore I can't stand it
    and I take tylenol night time every night.

I have found though that if I take the sleep aid with a little food or milk it woks much better.

Teri