Is it just me or do you feel crabby too?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bailey-smom, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I have found that I seem to be crabby and intolerant at times and, even though I know it, I am unable to control these feelings. Are there others out there that feel the same or is it my personality? I don’t think I have always been this way - it seems to be getting worse as time goes on. I have wondered if it is the meds, stress, age, etc. . .

How do you deal with these feelings without putting others off?
  2. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I think alot of us do, because when you are in chronic pain all the time and feel like crap and are depressed its very hard to be happy and uppidy!
    If i had the answer on how to deal with these feeling without putting others off I'd gladly give you the answer. I am pretty isolated most of the time, so I don't really have to deal with too many people other than my immediate family.
    Friends don't have time for me
  3. mmeszar

mmeszar New Member

I almost agree 100% with the prior person who replied except that it’s wise to find and maintain a good network of friends & family to lean on. What I have found is that unless a person has ever been affected themselves by CFS, they most certainly believe it’s a hypochondriac reaction which we all know is not true! I also share in your constant pain and "yes" do snap and get upset much easier, and I'm honestly a very easy going person. However the pain and discomfort does grade at my ability to be cheerful. May we all someday be able to put this virus into remission and be healthy & happy again soon. Good luck!
  4. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I am no longer who I used to be.Relaxed,carefree,spontaneous.It is a daily struggle to be cheerful when you feel terrible and are in pain 100% of the time. I am really getting good about not letting other people see the real me.Sometimes it's like having PMS all day.(even when it's not)
  5. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

... it helps so much to hear others feel the same way ... I nearly lost it a couple of weeks ago .. built up pain and frustration .. my son and husband were unknowingly aggravating the (hell) out of me .. I was in the middle of trying to clean the house and BANG .. it HIT ME .. I was so angry ... I beat up the vacuum .. I didn't break it ( I have Scottish blood .. that would have made me even more crazy .. to trash it .. haha ) but I truly thought this was IT for me .. had a good cry .. took a few days to get over it physically .. when you really let go, it wrecks your body badly .. I paid for days after with bad pain .. but some how .. smacking that vacuum helped ? .. sigh
  6. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Who wouldn't be crabby from this dd? I try not to be. I don't think I am that bad for the most part, but my family might disagree with me.

The worst problem I had was right before my period, I would want to KILL someone. I would sit there scowling at my desk knowing that SOMEONE was going to set me off any second!!! LOL

Xanax helped with that, but I cannot take it every day per my docs orders (he won't give me a 30 day supply) but now that I am on Klonopin (generic - clonzapem), the PMS is much better.

I don't feel murderous, nor am I in as much physical misery, although it does still make me feel worse sporadically.

Sonya
  7. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

So glad I'm not alone! I seem to take this out on my hubby & kids. I just wish it didn't have to be this way:)

Thanks again!
    Kelly
  8. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

I found something that helps with the PMS ..it might help others .. I started to take L-Tyrptophan ( spelling again .. sigh ) .. actually for the Fibro .. but I noticed that my severe cramping started to lesson and swelling wasn't as bad .. I still have PMS .. but it is better most times .. and it has been a couple of weeks without me beating up the vacuum now ! It is 500 mg per 50 pounds of body weight .. this might help some one else if they are reading .. hope so !
  9. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Too mcuh to do this weekend, too little sleep last night, and I'm a grump. Glad it's only me and my cat at home. I'm going to take a nap! I know it's only 10 AM, but who cares? I'm tired!

Thankfully the is no more monthly...had a hysto in 1987. It was the best health move of my life.

So, be grumpy. Think it's part of the whole thing, but I dotry to be reasonable to family and husband usually. He is so sweet and supportive I just can't take it out on him.

Sue
  11. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

But when I read the title of your post I thought it said "do you feel CRAPPY too?" rather than "crabby".

Anyway, I guess the answer to both is yes a good part of the time!

Just like you, I'm working on dealing with it without taking it out on the family. Which involves a lot of tongue-biting with 2 teenagers in the house. (smiling)

Best wishes,
    Janelle
  12. orachel

orachel New Member

For me, I think its getting used to dealing with constant pain without any way to get a break from it. Plus all my normal activities (work, home improvements, even reading and playing with my stepkids outside) have virtually ground to a halt. So much of the time I am Crabby and snappish...usually because I feel Crappy and bored!
  13. fivesue

fivesue New Member

All of us crabby people should UNITE and go confront all the doctors who are giving the ladies on this board trouble because of FM/CFS! We can change the world together. Just let him/her tell us it's all in our heads and we need a shrink. Let's make them go to physical therapy when their muscles and soft tissues are screaming with pain...with no pain medication because they think all we are is a bunch of people looking for drugs.

HUH? We could hire ourselves out...just expenses to get there and get back. (A bit pricey...)-: )

Give it a little thought...sure would help eliminate some of the stress I feel right now.

Ah, guess I have to laugh or you know the rest!

Sue
  14. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

Didn't know if I could say the crappy word - lol

Boy did that give me a good laugh! I love it here! I'm not crabby or what ever right now!!!!

Kelly
  15. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

I think a person can almost not help from being Crabby from time to time with these DD's...

Every day pain and Fatigue....Not being able to do what I use too or want to anymore....Lack of sleep...all that turning into deep depression....bringing on more Anxeity and panic...Frustration...Stress....Leads to being CRABBY..lol So yep I have my Crabby days too..

As someone else said the closer to that time of month...the worse I am with being Crabby...

Guess it could always be worse and I try my best to stay postive...but somedays you just cant help it...I try not to take it out on others when I am Crabby

Hugs
    Bluerose
  16. Jodi_B

Jodi_B New Member

Yup, crabby here, too! I try and try and still have too many days when I'm miserable -- both physically and mood wise. I go for days without replying to e-mails because I just don't have the energy or right frame of mind to write and be pleasant.

Beating up the vacuum sounds like good therapy -- if only I had the energy to do it! LOL

If misery loves company, you've got plenty of it on this board.

Jodi
  17. DoveL

DoveL Member

Hello Baily-smom Strange how I came across this post today. I don't post much, but do read this board alot. But I was just thinking today, what a miserable crab I have become. I really DO try my hardest to 'put on the happy face.' I RARELY complain about feeling so sick, because I understand that no one likes a complainer, so I have to carry this burden myself. I used to be so 'upbeat' and the life of the party before I became sick. I feel like I have become Ms. Queen Crab, due to the constant pain, extreme fatigue, flu feeling, and the 10 other symptoms day after day, year after year. It gets relentless, and depressing feeling so ill all the time. At the same time, I understand that this is just a mental reaction to feeling so ill everyday. I mean who would not be irritable after a while???? I am trying my hardest, and tackle this illness with all my heart and soul to everything for myself to feel better!! Anyway, you are not alone. I see lots feel this way too. Cheers to better days ahead...XOXOOXXO Dove