IS IT JUST me or has anyone noticed...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by quanked, Feb 5, 2010.

1. quanked

quanked Member

that the posts/topics are being moved to the top of the page yet the last response to the post can be from days ago--like the post I just saw for someone recovering from cfs--I noticed that nearly 5,000 people had viewed the post and 108 had responded but I do not think that there were 108 responses. The last response date was 1/11/10 yet today is 2/5/2010 and it is 5 pm pst.

Or am I loosing my mind : )
  2. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, quanked.

Good news--I don't think you are losing your mind!

Most likely, somebody bumped that thread to keep it near the top, and then deleted their bump so you can't tell who bumped it. It's a clever maneuver that I learned from someone else, and have used myself, but not on the particular thread you mentioned. It's a way to get more visibility for an issue, hoping for more responses.

So, it looks as though you haven't gone over the edge yet!

3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member that's how they do it. I've often wondered how people bumped up messages when there wasn't a new message showing. Thanks, Rich!
  4. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

We will have no one losing their mind here :)

5. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

They pulled this fast one a few weeks ago and I missed the memo, it screwed me up for days.

You go to a thread and scroll to the "bottom" of the page and sheesh it was posted DAYS ago, but oh hey what I didn't notice was the little 1 2 3 under the last post. There are now PAGES to click to rather than just scrolling to the last post. So what you are looking at when you scroll down is the last post of page 1!!!!! Freaked me out the first time because I thought my posts had just been deleted, but NO they have this funky "pages" thing.

I myself don't like it, I like to just scroll through a thread.

Whether you are losing your mind or not is entirely a different matter :)