Is it just me or is a symtom of FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fificat, Sep 14, 2005.

1. fificat

fificat New Member

I need the help of you wonderful people out there. You have made me feel so welcome and I thank you. I know God had to of sent me here.
    Well lately as my FM has gotten worse so has my memory. Like if I'm watching TV I forget what I'm watching. Or Even when I'm typing to you people I will be hard for a second for me to remember how to spell a simple word.The things come back to me it just takes a few seconds.
    Does this happen anyone else?
    Just wondering
    Sharlie
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Many have memory problems with FM...you are certainly not alone. I do have some trouble, but not to the extent as you and others. I don't know what the solution is, but hopefully someone else who has a particular problem with this area will write.

But, many have mentioned this. I many times lose my train of thought or can't find a word that is so familiar or remember a fact I've know forever, but I it doesn't disturb my life too much. Yours sounds like it could really limit you.

Hope this helps you not feel alone...hopefully someone will write with some other suggestions.

Sue
  3. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

I have it most all of the time, I get lost driving in my own neighborhood where I have lived for 49 years.
    Sue
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Yes, that happens to all of us!!

When I'm cooking, I always go to the cabinet to get an ingredient and when I get there, I have forgotten for I went for! Have to re-trace my steps and try to remember what I was doing when I decided that I needed something, then go back to cabinet, sometimes repeating to myself over and over what I need until I get there to get it!!!!

Take care,
    Janet
  5. steve69h

steve69h New Member

I get it alot to I will be sitting at my desk and want something from the Kitchen upstairs and by the time I get to the stairs what was I talking about oh that ok it's up next week (lol) I do alot and yes driving sometimes i get lost I keep going but don't know where Im at or where I'm going but so far I always get where i need to be. ( Thank goodness)<p> I carry a little note pad with me and it seamd real stupid at first but has been a great time saver and it has really helped me greatly very much so with my meds good luck and try the little note pad see if that hepls Steve
  6. Lurlasgirl

Lurlasgirl New Member

in fact I was just talking with a co worker yesterday about the number of things that take more time to remember

On the other hand - and I feel like a broken record when I say this -- I have fewer problems with fibrofog when I've limited the amount of processed foods in my diet for a while. And it does't have to be radical - not like totally raw foods or vegan or anything like that - just avoiding "junk food" and eating plenty of fruits and vegetables (and of course some protein food!) - cooked or raw.

I think we have to remember too that in today's information overloaded society - we have a lot of things to process, aside from our having FM. We aren't the ONLY people forgetting things, or getting lost. I think our brains are marvelous! No machine made can process the number of messages our brains do, but there is just so much "stuff" going into them, that a few things are bound to get lost or delayed along the way.

IMO
  7. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Hi Sharlie,

I have it, too. I can be looking right at a thing and forget what it's called. Very frustrating!

For the past few weeks I've been taking some vitamins the doctor gave me. My memory seems a little better. Not sure if it's the vitamins or my own lowered expectations.

I read something about fibrofog the other day. The article said it gets worse if there are distractions. I don't know about that, though. I forget where I'm going sometimes and I'm all by myself.

Take care!

Francie
  8. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I have pretty awesome brain fog myself. My husband has to tell me if we've watched a tv show or not. My rheumatologist said it's only the short term memory that's affected in FM.

I always have a stack of notepads in my purse or at work to jot things down. It helps a great deal.

All the best,

Eileen