Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by epicurean, Sep 4, 2002.

1. epicurean

epicurean New Member

Does anyone else notice that some symptoms always get worse at a particular time of day?I can always tell when its 8:30,because thats when I really start to hurt at night,and get weak in the leegs and a general awfull all over feeling.
  2. epicurean

epicurean New Member

Does anyone else notice that some symptoms always get worse at a particular time of day?I can always tell when its 8:30,because thats when I really start to hurt at night,and get weak in the leegs and a general awfull all over feeling.
  3. Dara

Dara New Member

my symptoms are ten times worse in the morning, usually after being up and moving they seem to improve after 3 to 4 hours. I have a "window" of feeling "almost" normal for about 5 hours. After that the affects of the day's activities, no matter how limited they may be, start to catch up. I actually hate to go to bed at night because I know how bad the pain of waking up is.

Dara
  4. sybil

sybil New Member

i am in agony in the morning,after my usual excruciating night tossing and turning in bed.get up anytime from 5.30am,never later than 8.30am.the pain won't let me lie in bed for longer.
    for the first few hours i feel awful,can't shower until the pain and weakness subsides,i usually feel dizzy from lack of sleep too.then i'm not too bad,i shower and go for my daily short walk,which is all i can manage.have lunch at 1.0pm to 2.0pm then a sudden wave of exhaustion sweeps over me,i sometimes have a short nap at this point,never fully asleep as i can usually hear the sounds around me in the background.prepare dinner at about 6.30pm,eat at 7.0ish,sit down for a chat with my partner after he washes dishes,watch t.v. or read,if my hands are not too sore to hold a book.at about 10.0pm i start to feel tired and sore,but i know it's pointless going to bed now,even if i get to sleep i will be sore and awake again at midnight.
    10.30pm onwards take 25mgs of Amitriptyline,supposedly to relax and help me sleep.go to bed.
    wake up at 2/3 hourly intervals either in pain or wanting to pee,or both.take 2 co-codamol for possibly another 3 hours restless sleep,if i'm lucky!

sybilxxx
    [This Message was Edited on 09/04/2002]
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

My pattern is the same as hers with the addition that I hate to go to bed at night because I feel so much better later in the day and want to be awake for it! Mornings I am stiff and slow and sad. Incidentally, that is how I KNEW the docs were wrong when they tried to stick me with a Dx of depression as the cause of all my problems. I had worked in a hospital, and I knew there is only one kind of illness that is worse in the morning....Rheumatic. So, I checked myself out of the hospital and went to a Rheumatologist and that is how I got dx'd in only 3 weeks, even though it was way back in 1986!
    Klutzo
  6. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

I'm slow and stiff in the morning and then get worse as the day progresses -- major downslide around 7:00 p.m.

I'm at my best late morning/early afternoon.

-Shoobie
  7. TracyV

TracyV New Member

I feel bad when I get up untill I feel my muscles have warmed up some. Then I'll get a pain this time of day, I feel my best early evening, like about 8:00pm, I don't feel too bad at bedtime unless I can't go to sleep then I'll get pains in my back.
    Hugs,
    Tracy
  8. kadywill

kadywill New Member

In the mornings, it takes a hot bath to get me standing up straight and my hands are stiff from being immobile all night.....BUT, this I can stand. It's the nighttime pain that is nearly intolerable for me and I have a horrible time falling asleep...it's impossible without a LOT of meds! I also awaken with vascular headaches often and my neck kills me. In the late afternoon AT WORK my right lower back/buttock KILLS me from standing all day. If I have to bend slightly to start and I. V. on a patient, I have severe spasms that drop me to the floor. FUN, huh?
    BUT, I'm quite popular for my WONDERFUL sense of humor...at least that's something! lol
  9. Madelyn

Madelyn New Member

I found that some of my drops in energy and even shortness of breath happened after a meal. The earlier, the worse. When I was first really ill, I would be completely wiped out from 1/2 hour after the meal until about 3 hours after. I have CFIDS and I too have worse condition in the morning. By evening, I can function fairly well.
    Some of this has improved since I have been on a low carb diet. I no longer have a drained feeling with heart pounding after even a large meal. I eat only rye, no wheat, no potatoes, no milk. no sugar. Selected fruits and vegs, protein, and nuts. Only water. It's hard, but it has made a difference. My doctor gave me this diet, and she knows her stuff!
  10. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I feel worse in the afternoons... I can't do the same amount of exercise in the pool or in the gym if I wait til afternoons......
  11. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I could have wrote what Klutzo wrote, I hate to go to bed at night, I am tired in the evenings, but I am so miserable in the mornings, if I listened to my body and my mind too, I would not get out of the bed!

If I take a nap (and I do this everyday) and fall asleep, I wake up feeling lousy, just like in the morning, but if I just rest and not sleep I am alright and rested.

What a crazy sickness!

Shalom, Shirl