IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIND SOMEONE TO LOVE ME SINCE I HAVE CFS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SOFTBALLMOM70, Jan 14, 2006.

1. SOFTBALLMOM70

SOFTBALLMOM70 New Member

I JUST FOUND THIS SITE AND HOPE SOME OF YOU CAN HELP ME. I HAVE BEEN DIVORCED FOR 5 YEARS AND I SUFFER FROM CFS AND AS SOON AS SOMEONE FINDS THAT OUT - THERE GONE.

I HAVE MY GOOD DAYS AND BAD DAYS WITH THE PAIN. I HAVE MANY DAYS OF FATIGUE. I AM JUST SO LONELY.

I HAVE 2 CHILDREN 17 AND 13 AND THEY ARE REAL SUPPORTIVE.
    I JUST NEED SOME ADULT CONVERSATION TOO.

LONELY IN SOUTH CAROLINA
  2. lease79

lease79 New Member

I was sick when I met dh. I was only 16, but the cfs was well & truly on it's way to making me the person that I am today.
    I think that the bonus that we have with our relationship is that he never knew me before I was sick, so I've always been this way to him & he loves me anyways.
    Really hope that you are able to find yourself a loving & sincere partner soon ;)

Lease
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i wished i could be positive but i feel men like to see a healthy vivicious women taking care of them...it's diffeerent when they are sick...

but i have though about speed dating i live outside of ssanfrancisco so i would think there is a lot more to offer here...

then the online dating...

i don't know if i personally would tell them off the bat that you have it, who knows it may go into remission or a cure would be nice...

but if it is something that may go beyond the 2-3 months then you could share this info...who knows what they may have...shoot men don't like to go to doctors anyways...my x-hubby won't get his high bp taken care of did mention to me i should get more insurance on him...

jodie
  4. grayfryer

grayfryer New Member

Well at least when they find out about your situation and the survival of the fittest comes into action,these guys just arent fit enough to have around,You will find romance, I`m sure there is someone with their eye on you, just have to be prepared when they approach, just keep letting yourself been seen and it will happen.
  5. aquabugs

aquabugs New Member

Welcome to the board. I know what you mean about the loneliness. I was divorced, raising two teenaged sons, working and going to school before I met anyone worthwile. I wasn't ill at the time, just terribly busy and isolated from adult company. Most of the guys I dated (when I had the time or energy) didn't want to have to deal with kids. I have one who has some severe emotional problems and drug addiction. Talk about scaring guys off!!

Finally I met someone very special. We've certainly had our ups and downs, but he is a wonderful supportive man who thinks I am perfect (Ha!). We've been married now for six years. I was diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome and fibromyalgia about 4 years ago or so. He stands by me, waits on me hand and foot on the worst days, and simply adores me. I am extremely lucky to have found him.

Just don't give up. You'll meet the right one when you least expect it. I happen to have met the love of my life online. I wasn't even considering falling in love with someone I met on the Internet. I mean, that was nuts!! LOL I was just so starved for someone to talk to. I made a lot of friends, but gradually began to talk to him more and more alone. We learned so much over the months we talked. When we finally met in person, it was like we'd known each other forever.

However you go about meeting someone, just be careful and wise. You can meet nutcases online, at the supermarket, bars, and even in church. Just use your head!

Good luck to you, girl! It will happen for you!

(((Hugs)))
    Sylvia
  6. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

Dear Mom,

Yes, there are great guys out there. My husband had to lift me off the kitchen floor last night as my legs went out, BUT I had to look six years for this great guy. Just like baseball-it takes a lot of times at bat to hit a run and not all of them are going to be homeruns. BUT you have to get up to bat or nothing will happen. Think about what good men care about and go there on your good hair days. My understanding of it is that real men (not the tall children variety) understand illness and life and are looking for the soul of the woman, not your work resume.

Smile and Breath - Ana, in Seattle where it was rained for 25 days straight
  7. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

get out and about,have fun.
    when we are enjoying our selves no matter who we are or if were healthy we just glow.
    i love my dogs and anything dogs so i attend a training group every week,if i were single then i reckon id have asked someone out by now ~ this one guys soo cute and his rottweiler is to die for with his teddy bear face!!
    i think you should do what floats your boat and the right guy will be near and one day it will all click into place :)

all the best to you xxx