Is it possible to have improvement after 1 week on methylation?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by redhummingbird, Aug 7, 2008.

1. redhummingbird

redhummingbird New Member

I'm noticing improvements since starting the methylation protocol.

I've been on all 5 supplements for the past 3 days.

I'm off antibiotics until Monday when I start treatment for babesia.

I'm feeling very encouraged!

I hope this isn't placebo effect.

I think knocking back some of the lyme was important.

LISALOO New Member

Many of us have said we feel great for a week or two, then the real dying off feeling and herxing begings. Enjoy it while you can.
  3. redhummingbird

I'll enjoy it while I can.

I really appreciate the warning. I think I would have become worried if I started to feel really bad again.

I have a long, long ways to go but I'm hopeful about this treatment.

I'm going to get retested for EBV and HHV-6 titers.

Thanks again....
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

That's a really common phenomenon, dubbed the "honeymoon" period.

Apparently it's the time when you're getting the immediate benefits of the methylation (such as Krebs' cycle improvements), but before the body starts dumping toxins.

Getting away from mold has a honeymoon period too.

At first, the body is surprised and delighted to have a break from all that mold.

Then it says, okay, now it's safe for me to start shedding the toxins that are stored up.

(If you go back to the mold then, the accumulation between the stuff that's being shed and the new stuff being taken in can make people _really_ sick. It's quite amazing how consistent it is.)

Detoxification is a b****. But my feeling is, once a toxin is out, it's out. My fear with the bugs is that I'll go to all that trouble killing them and then they'll come back again.

Not to mention my strong belief that toxins are at the bottom of this problem and that the pathogens are a result of the damage from the toxins.
  5. redhummingbird

Thanks for your reply Lisa. I really appreciate it. I'd like to stay in the honeymoon period and skip the other part.

I'm dreading having to start Mepron and Clarithromyocin next week. I figure the methylation herx and the Mepron herx might hit around the same time.

Again, it makes me question my doctor's judgement since he's the one who wanted me to to this. He never warned me about any herx from methylation.

He's going on vacation next week so I won't be able to get ahold of him prior to him leaving. I think I'm going to ease up on the methylation supplements and just take crumbs. He thought that by going on the methylation protocol now that it would help the babesia treatment?

Where will you be camping? I don't think starting doxy on your trip is a good idea given the reaction that you've had in the past to it. I love the desert.
  6. brainfoggy

brainfoggy New Member

I started taking meth supps 2 months prior to getting diagnosed with lyme. I think they really do help with detoxification and were a nice sort of preparatory preliminary thing to abx treatment. I still take the folapro and intrinsi when I remember or if I haven't been too ill that day. Also, juicing and lemon water both help with detox and raising glutathione levels to get your immune system back in working order, but I'm sure you already knew this!

I'm on clarithromycin and herxed like crazy for about a month, now my body is somewhat acclimated to it. I added levaquin in for co-infections and became a MONSTER so I stopped and will restart this in 1/2 doses. I also understand it is VERY hard to have faith in your doc they don't know everything and they don't know your body as well as you.

GOOD LUCK!!!
  7. redhummingbird

hi brainfoggy-

Do you have babesia also? I know you're on clarithromycin for lyme. It's good to hear you're feeling better after the herx.

It sounds like the herx was intense. I had a similar experience with Minocycline and then Omnicef.

I think I'd better get prepared for feeling worse than normal for quite awhile!

[This Message was Edited on 08/08/2008]
  8. brainfoggy

brainfoggy New Member

I think Babesia microti is the only tick borne co-infection I have, all others were negative. I say I "think so" because the titers for babs said may suggest evidence of infection, patient may be recovering. Also, I would think all lymeies have at least one of these tick co-infections. I would think I do have it just not detectable right now for some reason. This all started with ebv and have since found mycoplasma and cpn too.

I was told myco and cpn are not typically co-infections of lyme. I think people are walking around with ebv, cpn, myco and still functioning. It's our bodies immune systems that are screwed up and can't defend against multiple pathogens, that's why any way you can boost immune system will help.

I think biaxin is a pretty good standard choice for lyme and mepron is the abx for babs. I think he put me on levaquin to go after co-infections first and we'll look into babs with the fish test later. The levaquin tore my stomach up so basically it boils don to how long your gut can tolerate these heavy abx. You can always call Neil Harris at Igenex. I still don't really understand my bands or what they indicate. He was able to tell me I have had CFS and Lyme for over a year, couldn't give an exact time frame. He also said look into babs. I still can't believe I have lyme, I have no clue where I got it from.

My doc said patients do return to normal...or as normal as I can be were his words :) haha. He is giving me a 6 month time frame with abx, cowden protocol, and ondamed machine. Does your doc say how long treatment will take? What is his plan? I've also been getting IV's lately with a mix of immune boosters and a concentrated syringe of glutathione at the end. It makes me feel great, better than I've felt since getting sick, for about 4 hours.