Is it safe to use stool softeners?I've tried so much.Stormysky?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimelia, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

I dont' want to spend 40 bucks for the oxy powder though it's probably safer then the stool softener.

Storm you mentioned taking the following. I have started taking garden of life probiotics, i take ground flax seed daily(for 2 years or more now), i use to take aloe and I use to use a lot of lemon until i found out i was allergic to it. Thing is, I've done all of this together at the same time in the past to no avail.

:*
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I know this post was for StormySkye, but I saw "stool softeners" and wanted to mention that Magnesium works every bit as well for me as a stool softener to stay "regular". I use Magnesium Glycinate, the other forms of Magnesium give me the runs, which isn't helpful either! But with Magnesium Glycinate, it's perfect. I can always tell when I forget to take it for a couple of days...

Anyway, just thought I'd mention this, until Stormy gets back to you...

Hugs,
    Pam
  3. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

a colonic today.

Thanks for all the input so far. This post is for anyone who has input, I was talking to storm about this in another post is why I mentioned her :)

I probably get a colonic about once a month. The oxy powder keeps me regular as long as I take it daily. I use get regular tea once or twice a week so that I can save a little money and it works alright. I just need to try something cheaper.

I will try the magnesium and the fiber, the apple. Everything that I can. I took natural calm, is that the form that is best? IT did NOT work for me, just gave me gas. I took a huge container of it.

My colon therapist said that psyllium is good as long as it's organic. Thing is, that's so expensive.. I might try some non organic stuff just to see if it works. Do you know about organic vs non organic? How long should it take to work if it's going to?

I will also ask him about these questions too, he doesn't always seem to know the answers, that's why I came here.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/06/2006]