is it time for a specialist?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by willruthie1965, Sep 21, 2009.

  1. My doctor is great and he believes in fybro and gives me pain meds. Today he was like there isn't A CURE FOR FYBRO so All I can do is help you with the symptoms.I am starting to have terrible muscle spasms. Should I see a Rheumatologist? Maybe give me steroid shots in my joints? I feel there is more I can do. All my joints cruch and Have been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis .Last time I was there he mentioned an x ray and this time he said it woudn't do any good since fybro wont show up on x ray. I thought for ssd u need to prove it is fybro by eliminating other illness. Any help ???? Ruthie
  2. loto

    loto Member

    I think you should definitely see another doctor, in fact I just came from an appt with my primary care doctor to get a referral to an endo to thoroughly check out my thyroid for new symptoms i've been having. my doctor is great about giving me referrals, and said it was a great idea for me to ask him for one.
    If I were you I would see a rheumatologist. You have to do what you have to do if you feel your doctor isn't doing as much as he should!