Is it wise to host a graduation party with CFS/FMS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SweetT, May 6, 2010.

1. SweetT

SweetT New Member

I haven't been on here in awhile. I'm not working that stressful full-time job anymore. I'm finishing school and trying to find a job. My oldest daughter and stepson graduate next month and as money is limited, I'm wondering if it's wise to host a graduation party for them in our home, of about 40 people. It would only be for 3 afternoon hours tops and the menu would be simple and my husband and kids would help with the clean up.

The main thing that scares me is that both of our families have people that like to stay past the time. People staying past the time will definitely cause me to have a flare, because my limit is about 2 and a half hours before the sights and sounds and extra people will get to me. When I'm ready to have my home cleared out, I have to have it cleared out.

Of course, the advantage to reserving somewhere is that they'll clean up and no one can spend the night, as it'll be over per the terms I agree to and pay for. The main risk in doing it that way is that little to no one may show up and then all the money for food and reserving the space is wasted.

Any thoughts?
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

When you find that you have had enough and need to get away, excuse yourself and lock yourself in your bedroom and have a rest. You might want to consider putting both the starting time and ending time of the party on the invitations.