Is it?

Discussion in 'Ask the Doctor' started by Folk, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Folk

Folk Member

It's hard to find the begining of my illness..

I've seen most people saying "I have FMS for X years" or "It begun certain day at a certain time at a certain place"

Mine started slowly and gradually. I've always considered that my first pain was on the shoulders. I just started gonig to the gym and it was suposed to be a bursitis (wich healed but the pain kept going). Soon it went to the lower back and the neck. Well, those never went away.

Now I can recolect that before that, the first pain problem I had that kept going (before the shoulders) was in my my legs, more specifically in my crotch. Some muscle relaxants helped but not healed.

Now some years later I developed allodynia (specially in the neck area) then years later I started having pain in the whole legs, and allodynia there too... Basically everything has been getting worse each year.

Doctors find mt story and symptoms strange. They say that people with allodynia would cry out loud when the press the trigger points and I just feel a little discomfort or nothing. My problem is with continuous soft touch...

Is it fibromyalgia? Does it look like something else?

2. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Could be ME. I was in a lot of pain the first ten or so years too and didn't have the tender points. For me everything has been gradual onset even probably since birth too but I just count from diagnose date and from when it actually fully disrupted my life. I think for me when it all started to take disruptive shape was hands and joints and brainfog and overal weakness. From hands going up to shoulders and neck and such. Continuous soft touch sounds familiar to me in the sence that I things like sleeves with elastic in it and the elastic in underwear and such or simply a zipper in a cardigan resting on my chest can make the nervesystem go crazy.
  3. Folk

Folk Member

Well, I don't know. I tend to feel better right after light exercising, specially in the water. I don't know about long term though... Cause running hard (perhaps because it should be softer and not with impact) was what made my legs worse.
    But as I know people with ME don't get better after exercising do they?
  4. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Nope most don't. I got much much worse after GET and CBT.