Is Lyme disease on the west coast?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by musikmaker, Jan 14, 2006.

1. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I have been reading that a lot of you have been diagnoised with Lyme. I thought I read at one time this was caused by Deer tics and was only on the east coast? Anyone know different?
  2. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

really interested go to... lymenet dot org and read read read.... a real eye opener on the epidemic.

It got me too

Dani
  3. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

It's found in North America everywhere, including Montana! LOL Marie
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

is found all over the world basically.

I was told by the LLMD that treats my son there are approximately 100 known varieties in N. America so far, and over 300 known varieties world-wide...

(which is why different abx get different responses - depends on the species.)

:(
    V
  5. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

You know, part of me thought maybe it was tongue in cheek, so there you go! It is definitely strange what "they" decide sometimes, isn't it? As usual, it's easier to deny something than to deal with it. At least, that's what "they" think. LOL Marie
  6. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I lived in British Columbia during my childhood (in western Canada), and it is absolutely crawling with lyme disease ticks. There is even a major Canadian Lyme foundation in one of the cities I used to live in there. I have tick bacteria in my bloodstream myself, though I never remember being bitten. Please, west-coasters, take precautions!!!