is Lyrica

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clerty, May 2, 2007.

1. clerty

clerty New Member

good for anxiety as I am having problems with antidepressesnts I started on efexor and I feel really unwell today is there many side effect on it?

Clertyx
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Clerty .. Lyrica is mainly used for neuropathic pain .. I went on it last summer for the burning and tingling in my feet that was progressing to my hands .. it helped a lot for that .. and sleep issues .. I sleep so much better .. plus it cut down on the frequency of having to run to the bathroom for a piddle ? .. cranky bladder became more calm in other words ! haha

BUT ... I also take amitriptilyne right from the beginning for the fibro .. it helps a great deal with that .. pain wise .. even though I also take pain meds .. it is an older anti-depressant that calms the nerv impulses to pain that we have .. it might help .. a lot of people complain about weight gain but not everyone has that problem ..

Talk to your doctor and see what options are open to you.
    AND research as much as you can .. we have to know a lot about ourselves .. how we react to meds and the meds themselves .. it is a lot of work being ill ironically , but we have to be informed for our own safety !
    Good luck !
    Joy : )
  3. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

Clerty my love you cant take a trick hey? I too was on Efexor but couldnt be on it re my petit mal seizures however i was put on Lexepro and find it good for the anxiety. Iam also on Lyrica and although many on this site complain of the side effects it works brilliantly for me, especially since i have had my dose increased to 225mg a day, except for the fatigue I have actually been doing things.And yes they help me sleep too although still not for long periods, when will that ever happen? As far as side effects are concerned yes i have has them, maybe the weight increase, dry mouth and anything else i dont know, have so many symptoms anyway who can determine where the actually come from?
    Its really scarey i think we have so many symptoms and no one knows exactly where it comes from and the keep giving uas pills to get rid of them but not get to the root of the problem
    K sweeti i hope you are feeling better re the kidney stones and you are getting some relief from your symptoms

luv and healing light
    Connie