Is Mr. Bill, Therealmadscientist still around?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, May 23, 2009.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Haven't heard from him lately.

2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

He signed in 2 days ago so he is still around. Didn't look to see if he posted anything though.

3. rockgor

I can't seem to get much info when searching these days.

4. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I did a search on his name, found a post where he posted, then looked at his info. The new search feature isn't as friendly as the old system. But that is the name of change, I guess!

5. Didoe

Didoe New Member

i took his test tubes, bunsen burner, petrie dishes and microscope...he's planting in his mythical garden, fighting off groundhogs, raccoons and local deer who are trying to eat his crops. and then the mountain lion stops by to work on repairing their bikes so he gets busy cooking up dinner for them, so he's just got his hands full right i hear, you know how the gossip mill is around here.
  6. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

That made me laugh!

7. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

I'm fine, though very busy trying to fine replacements for all the equipment that Didoe is holding hostage. Not sure what she wants, but I think the two boos put her up to it. Maybe Rock can convince her to return my "toys"

A fairly decent article in march 2009 Scientific American about brain cell neurogenensis.......though it seems to recommend brain exercises like learning a new language.
    Way too much work for me!

I was away from computer for about ten days. Didn't make it to Mexico, but stayed around home for a few days and then visited my brother in Geyserville(60 miles north of San Francisco). Drank Mexican beer, and his wife is somewhat ethnic Mexican, so I could imagine I was in Mexico. Ate well and generally relaxed and read back issues of Science and Nature.

Watched my brother and sister-in-law work on their house and listened to people visting and events that I wasn't really involved with, and couldn't do anything about. Just relaxed.

Suppose my main worry nowadays is a general lack of purpose. Sigh. Oh,well. I Spend time on yard and dream about turning the town, and bike path, into a horticulture wonder of the world.

Hmmm, where are my attempts at witty, amusing, lol, humour? Oh,well, next time:)

Cheers, your verymerrytrulymadscientist, Mr Bill

[This Message was Edited on 05/25/2009]
  8. rockgor

Well, there you are. And looking refreshed and rested.

I looked up Geyerserville to see if it was named after geysers. And it was.
    Used to be Clairville or some such. Apparently it took the original settlers
    a while to notice the geysers.

Or maybe one of them had a daughter named Claire.

Anyhoo, sounds like you enjoyed your visit. I was thinking about taking a trip
    up north to Red Bluff (almost to Redding), but I guess I'll have to put that on
    hold for a while.

Good to see you back.

9. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Probably dry hot time to visit, but why put off? Meanwhile, maybe visit Quincy so I can show you my secret laboratory (well, it was secret). Cheers, thank you for your concern.
    Your Mr Bill
  10. jole

jole Member

Hey Mr Bill, sorry to jump in the middle of the conversation between you and Rock, but I read your remark of trying to find a purpose in life...well, we're saving the earth!

Over the weekend some of our kids/families were here and our grandson and granddaughter disappeared (we live on a farm). I limped-staggered-duck waddled-out toward the shed looking for them, and there they were out in the field. I called and asked them what they were doing, and the 5 year-old yelled "We're saving the earth". They were pulling the wagon and had picked up a bunch of tree limbs that had broken off.

Later they were playing in the wading pool and she was throwing water out onto the lawn...her mother asked her to stop, and she replied "I'm still saving the earth".

So, we have a lot of "saving" we can still do to give us purpose...I look at the flowers I planted differently now! lol...out of the mouths of babes! (I imagine they must have had a program in kindergarten on Earth Day and it struck a chord with her, but I prefer to think she's just a very intelligent, sensitive and earth-loving child) ***Jole***