Is my cranberry sauce still good? Need leftover suggestions, too

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TwinMa, Nov 30, 2006.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I made whole berry cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving, which was one week ago. It was so yummy, but there is so much of it! How long do you think it's good for? Is it like jam where it can hang out for quite some time?

I thought I'd try using it to marinate chicken for a stir fry tonight.

Any other suggestions on uses for leftover cran sauce?
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

If you keep it refrigerated, you can hang on to it until it gets fuzz on it.

A marinade might be good. Let us know.

3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Marta - I love that green fuzz criteria! That's actually how many of our food decisions get made. Only I think my husband would eat it WITH the green fuzz - and not mind!

Using cran sauce for the chicken stir fry tonight worked well. It was pretty good!

Fight - LOL! I'll send you some soon! Did you get that snow I sent? I'll be waiting for the cheese....

I think I will have to keep to SOME cran sauce around for Xmas, since the red and green will be so festive.
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

We use any left over sauce in the turkey curry we make after Thanksgiving, plus just serve it as a side with any meal.

Love Annie C
  5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Hey Fight - We got about 6" of snow from the storm that is hitting you. The mountains got lots more. It snowed for about 24 hours. That was followed by bitter cold. Yesterday the high was around 8 degrees. Brrrrr... Have fun!

Cromwell - Thanks for the cran suggestions. Using it as a side is simple and easy and, of course, I didn't even think of it! Thanks!

I came up with one more use--I used about a tablespoon in my morning shake. I thought it would be too seedy, but it's not. It's pretty good!