Is my doctor neglecting me?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Adl123, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hello All,
    I've been thinking, and I've found out a few things lately that make me really want to try, again, to find another dotor. Do you think I'm over reacting?

My present doctor never addresses either CFIDS or Fibro., although he is open to my trying medicines from the health food store.

He makes mistakes in my yearly prescription order. This has been going on for 3 years, at least.

A while ago I had a sleep test. No one called me about the results, so I thought everything was status quo. Meanwhile, my acupuncturist asked me to see my Dr., s he was concerned about my lungs. My Dr. listened to my lungs and said they were clear, and that was sll there was to that. When I told my acupuncturist, he looked very worried. It was during this visit wth the Dr. that I asked to go over the results of my sleep test.

I found out that the Dr. who had written the report, had said that my oxygen should be uped by a litre. No one had mentioned this to me, until I made the appointment, and asked.

I don't think I'm getting good medical care. And this, on top of the fact that my Dr. lost "several" patients this sprng, from complications of congestive heart failure, (Which I have), I'm getting worried.

What do you think?

Terry

2. Liz919

Liz919 New Member

That sounds like a lot of things that alone might not be that big of a deal but all combined like that...I'd switch if it were me. The congestive heart failure thing could just be coincident...but since he botched the more oxygen thing and screws up your percriptions maybe you should switch just to be sure. Also just the fact that you doubt him is a good indicator of the fact that you should switch. I hope you find a doctor you like more!
  3. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Altho I am just lurking and was not going to be posting on here anymore but when I read your post my heart just went out to you, I agree with everybody, RUN, don't walk to a new Dr, this is your precious life that you are talking about and you can't continue on seeing a Dr that just does not care about your welfare. I am sooooo sorry that your Dr has been treating you this way, thank goodness for your acupuncturist.

Again Terry please find a new Dr A.S.A.P.
    Good luck to you.

Ann
    [This Message was Edited on 11/04/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/04/2006]
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

for your responses. I agree, I need to find another Dr.. Now I have a problem. I've kind of been looking for the past 6 years. I've tried a few, only tob be made sicker, sometimes in a permanent way. I'm going to need prayers for this one!

I think I'll ask my acupuncturist if he has a Dr. he works in conjunction with. There is also a new group of doctors in a nearby town called "The Argyle Group". I could try them. And, of course, there is a doctor who would be great, but he is an hour and a half away and I would have to pay out of pocket. These doctors, too, always charge more than those on an insurance plan. I'll look, though.

TO ILOVEPINK4 - Yes, I was a nun - for 19 years. I'd be glad to answer any questions you might have. I never mind answering questions. Fire away.

Thanks to all,
    Terry