Is paracetamol the same as Tylenol?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CinCA, Mar 26, 2006.

1. CinCA

CinCA New Member

I read that it was when googling it online, as I'm trying to find an OTC with some for migraines. I had some tablets with this active ingredient that seemed to work that I am just about out of (got them when visiting extended family in the Czech Republic), and I haven't been able to find it in the States. I know it's a common OTC pain med (also had some from Australia a couple years back). My issue is that most common U.S. OTCs and pharmaceuticals don't work for me, esp. with the bad migraines I've had lately.

Thanks to anyone who can offer some helpful information (or tell me if I can buy Panadol, etc. somewhere in the U.S.).

C.
  2. zerped

zerped New Member

I posted about this 6-9 months ago. I had taken two meds with it; meds that I bought while on vacation to Mexico. A pharmacist in Mexico told me that they use it for everything that in the U.S. uses acetominaphen (Tylenol). Maybe it's all the power of suggestion, but I really believe it works better than what we can get in the U.S.

I'm allergic to codeine, so I can't take any of the meds that many people take (i.e.--"222's"). There's an OTC in MX that is half paracetomol and half naproxen that is as good as many of the RX pain med's. I've never bothered reading any spam for meds online; maybe one can get it there?
  3. CinCA

CinCA New Member

I appreciate the info.
    C.
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Yes, paracetamol is the same as acetominophen. Panadol is acetaminophen too.

Kathy.

Sorry, I went to edit this and clicked on delete! I have reposted it so it will be out of order. K.