Is Seeing the Psych Doc the Last Phase of SSDI?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LuvMeCritters, Oct 12, 2002.

1. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

Just wondering if I'm almost at the end of jumping thru the hoops. Is my appt w/the psychiatrist the last part of the journey into the wonderful world of applying for SSDI?

Thanks so much and have a most bee-u-tee-ful day. :)

Regina
  2. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

Just wondering if I'm almost at the end of jumping thru the hoops. Is my appt w/the psychiatrist the last part of the journey into the wonderful world of applying for SSDI?

Thanks so much and have a most bee-u-tee-ful day. :)

Regina
  3. fp3657@aol.com

fp3657@aol.com New Member

i sure hope it is ,, im six months into ssd.. ive been to their psychiatrist, and a d.o. doctor their choice... i still go to my psychiatrist(just for piece of mind)plus my arthritist doc, and my primary,,, i have hired attrny ( binder & binder) heard they were the best... sure hope this doesnt take more than a year,, i also am in plm bch florida...
  4. SAS

SAS New Member

HI Regina,

They sent me to be evaluated bu a psychologist because there wasn't enough written evidence regarding my clinical depression. I suffered from this for several years before being dx'd with FMS.

I received my "verbal" disability confirmation last week. Was told there was a bit of a snafu regarding the official paper copy, but should receive that soon. I can expect payments to begin in January (I think). My SSD rep. was using alot of words for explanation that went right over my head, but I did get the basics of it all.

I applied in April, became unemployed as of the first of July

Hope this info helps. Best of luck.
    Shirley
  5. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

I assumed it was the end of the line...thank God. Congratulations on winning. I'm keeping a positive attitude that I will win also. My claims adjudicator said that my pain symptoms were well documented. Of course, that's not saying I'll win, but I'm being optimistic. I also have been seeing a LMHC since July weekly. My rheumy actually referred me to a psychiatrist to see why I'm not eating. I've lost 25 lbs. Which SSA doesn't even know anything about. I plan on calling my adjudicator on Monday and letting him know that I also saw a GI for the same reason on Friday. Lucky me, on Tuesday I get to have a camera/scope shoved down my throat to see if there's any problem in my stomach. I know I'm not eating due to depression. But, I guess it's not a bad idea to have my stomach checked. They're also going to do a ultrasound of my gallbladder at the same time. So, my psych visit is the 24th. Adjudicator told me to call him right after the appt., and to let the psych doc know that SSA will be contacting him about the visit. I know I'll be crying as soon as I step into his office, if not before, so I'm not worried about him saying I'm not depressed. I've been crying off and on, mostly on, for three months now. If it helps my case with SSA, so much the better.

And hello to fp3657 a fellow Floridian. Not too far south of me. Good luck to you too. I know we'll all be glad once this waiting is over!

Regina :)
  6. debrastets

debrastets New Member

not for me. But could be for you ! Took me a year and just got approved! Good luck!