Is There a Difference Between a Neurologist and a Neuropath?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by catgal, Dec 6, 2002.

1. catgal

catgal New Member

Is a neurologist and neuropath the same? If not, what is the difference? What do they do? I have no insurance, so money is a concern. Thank you kindly for any responses. Carol...
  2. catgal

catgal New Member

Is a neurologist and neuropath the same? If not, what is the difference? What do they do? I have no insurance, so money is a concern. Thank you kindly for any responses. Carol...
  3. DeeMerrk

DeeMerrk New Member

Yes there is a difference. A Neurologist is a Medical Doctor who is trained in the practice of nerve related illness; this would entail injuries to the spinal column, diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis,diseases such as encephalitis, and so on.

A Naturopath is not a Medical Doctor, but one trained in the art of alternative medicine, using different herbs, tinctures, compounds, to hopefully put ones' body back in balance. They are popular in the UK, but only a few states here recognize their viability, they are not accepted by insurance companies.

If you have not insurance, both will be costly.

I can see by your profile that you are a woman of many interest and a passion for life. I also see you have many problems physically, so my heart goes out to you, as I have many problems physically also. My passion for life which used to be the most favorite part of me for myself is slowly dwindling, a lot in part for the lack of having a good friend anymore to sit and talk and laugh with. I have also dealt with a lot of the things with you do, and it is catching up with me slowly. As the saying goes, "Growing older is not for Sissies"

Best of the best to you. Dee

If you want to write to me, you may ask Shirl or Mikie, one of the moderators for my address
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I think Dee just misunderstood--you asked about a neuropath, not naturopath. I think a neuropath is more of a researcher in the neurology field, looking for the pathology behind some of these neurological illnesses, like MS, etc....Maybe others here will know more--

Hugs,
    Pam