is there a doctor at the insurance co.? GERD's help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by minkanyrose, Dec 18, 2006.

1. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

I am so frustrated I have been so sick all weekend I can't eat or drink anything including water.

The insurance company will not pay for med I was on so they switched me back to Ranitidine on the 12th for my GERD's and I had to call the on call doctor and buy a bottle of peptobismo. between yesterday and today the bottle is almost gone.

So I would like to know the doctor on the board for the insurance company that decides what meds you can or can not take. and why do I even bother going to a doctor I am wasting their time and mine beause if the doctor finds something that works the insurance company has the last say in weither I can have it.

I can't afford to pay for the perscription my self so my health is at the mercy of the insurance company.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can take to help with the umbearable heart burn and Gas build up I feel like I am going to explode.

Thank you for any help and letting me vent.
  2. Dixie_Amazon

Dixie_Amazon Member

They do have doctors on staff the review request. One of my docs used to do it for CIGNA. See if your doctor will call the insurance for a peer to peer conference. I wouldn't be able to function without my Aciphex.