Is there a hymn I can play and dedicate to you?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Asatrump, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I haven't played the piano in some time. On Monday I will be here alone, and have a better chance at concentration.

If you have a favorite hymn, I will try to find it and play it for you.

Please just reply on this thread. To me playing the hymns is a form of prayer.

Blessings to all.
  2. dejovu

dejovu New Member

Would you play "How Great Thou Are" for me. It's my favorite. Blessings De
    [This Message was Edited on 09/30/2006]
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Please play 'Amazing Grace' for Richard.

Thank you, and as always, God's many blessings to you.....

Shalom, Shirl
  4. tlayne

tlayne Member

This post brought tears to my eyes! You are such a dear! My favorite song is "I can only Imagen". It talks about meeting Jesus face to face..."Will I dance for you Jesus, or in awe of you be still" It is a beautiful song, I want it played at my memorial when I pass on! I also love "The old Rugged Cross". It has been a very long time since I have heard this song, But I have always Loved it! Thank You, and may God Bless you for your thoughfulness and kindness! Love, Tam
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

How wonderful of you to do this for us!

Do you know "I Surrender All"? I have been singing it for days trying to teach myself to surrender my problems to Him.

If you don't know that one, I would love to hear "How Great Thou Art" too. My dad had a terrible singing voice and refused to sing. But I can remember him singing that hymn in church - with gusto. So, in memory of my Dad, I hope you can play that hymn.

Thank you so much.
    Blessings to you.
    Pepper
  6. caffey

caffey New Member

Thanks so much for doing this for us. Could you please play How Firm a Foundation Ye Saints of the Lord for all those who are going through some real dark and seeming hopeless situations.
    Cath
  7. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

My husband is going to be out tomorrow morning. (Sunday) I will have my own worship service.

I found it interesting that so many of you requested " How Great Thou Art" . It is also my favorite, and stirs something deep in my soul.

For Dejavu.... "How Great Thou Art".

for Shirl.. "Amazing Grace" with special thoughts for Richard

Padavis 48. "How Great Thou Art"

for Hangin..... "Leaning On the Everlasting Arm's"
    I did play that each day that week you asked and will play it with you and your son in my heart.

Tam... I did find the music for "I Can Only Imagine" and of course the very old favorite "The Old Rugged Cross'

for Pepper..... I also found "I Surrender All", and again "How Great Thou Art"

for Cath...... "How Firm a Foundation"

for Sassy2..... "How Great Thou Art.

I only wish I had access to a lovely big pipe organ. Truly the King of instruments played with both hands and both feet. Alas, I will settle for the grand piano I have at home.

I feel this is such a special form of prayer. I feel the need to be alone when I do this. Plus I need to keep the box of tissues next to me on the piano bench.

I have my list and I thank you for letting me offer prayer through this medium. And, as I play, I will think of a choir of angels singing all the verses.

God bless.

Please feel free to post to me anytime.... I love requests, and on the lighter side... there is no TIPS jar for money. I am smiling as I write that.

8. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I have not posted to you but have wanted to all week. I have had you on my heart and in my prayers. I know you have been going through a rough time and I am sorry for that. I think your prayers with Hymn (pun intended) is wonderful. I love the ones others have already requested by in my heart I am hearing this. Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus. I wish I could be there with you and play my clarinet! Maybe some day in heaven we can play together! Gee I wonder if they have pianos and clarinets up there with the harps?????????????????

Love,
    Nancy
  9. dejovu

dejovu New Member

I do believe there will be much music in heaven. I can hardly wait to here it.
  10. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I will have the house to myself at 9 am (east coast) and I will play all the hymns, and a lot of extra times for all those who requested "How Great Thou Art"

Nancy....... I did look up and find "Turn your Eyes Upon Jesus" and that shall be done too , in your name.
  11. kgangel

kgangel New Member

asa

What a beautiful thing to post

I am so touched!! As are all people on here, I am sure!!

I see that this one is popular but it was my dad's favorite, especially when the bag pipes played it

Amazing Grace

I miss him so much even to this day of 29 years that he has been gone, I will always remember him and the song Amazing Grace

thank you for posing

hugs

kgangel