Is there a muscle relaxer that won't make you drowsy??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Feb 25, 2007.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

I know most here have to use a muscle relaxer in order to get their muscles to relax. Problem is, I can't take them during the day time, only at night cause they make me so groggy feeling I wish there was one out there that would make your muscles relax without making you so sleepy/groggy feeling. Any suggestions???

Kriket
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I have been taking soma for 2 years and it has never made me sleepy.I take them 3 times a day am noon and around 5 pm.

But I do have a friend that takes it also and it makes him sleepy.

Sue
  3. sueliza

sueliza New Member

Have you tried Skelaxin? I can take this during the day without side effects, but Flexeril knocks me out!

4. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I take 20mg sometimes 3 times a day. It does not make me drowsy. I take them 6 hrs apart, only when I really overdo things and spasms are out of control. I do not take daily, only as needed.

Sees
  5. connieaag

connieaag New Member

My daughter takes that during the day and Flexeril at night. Doc said Norflex was one of the least sedating.
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

I have not tried the ones that were named here. I have tried flexeril, did not make me sleepy, but did nothing at all to help spasms either. Thanks for the names of the scripts as most of them I have not tried. I will keep them all in mind.

Kriket
  7. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

I can't take soma during the day, it puts me to sleep. I can take flexeril and drive, unfortunately it makes me fat. Skelaxin doesn't do anything for me. Methocarbamol doesn't do anything for me either.

Hopefully your doctor will let your try a few out, maybe some samples, so you can see if one works with your system.

I think there is also Xanflex?, but I haven't tried that one.

Good luck finding a match to your body.