Is there a Natural Product to lower Sugar levels????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, May 26, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Is there a natural product to lower sugar levels ? Doc says I need to go on diabetic diet .I get it from family history ,mother and grandmother.I'm not diabetic yet but I need to try to keep from becomeing one.Just the diet doesnt work for me.
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I take 200mg chromium picolinate twice a day. It takes a few weeks, but itdoes help.

God Bless.
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

ChromeMate is better absorbed and takes less. You may need up to 800 mgs per day of chromium piccolinate, which is good too. Then, when you feel your glycemic levels responding, you can lower to a maintenance dose. You'll know because you'll stop getting weak, shakey and headaches when you are the least bit hungry, it will control you appetite better, and you won't crave sweets all the time. That's what all chromium does for me.

Jeanne
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Take cinnamon capsules - I buy mine from Swanson Vitamins. I was pre-diabetic. My diet was very good but I have been unable to exercise due to CFIDS. My doctor wanted me to start some medicine, I forget which, but I used the cinnamon instead, 3 capsules a day, and it helped a lot.

I also take chromium.

Mary
  5. usanagirl

usanagirl New Member

I take 300mg daily...Also, look for low-glycemic foods and snacks.

6. helpeachother

helpeachother New Member