Is there a telephone support line for ME/CFS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elisa, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Elisa

Elisa Member

For those too sick to be at a computer or bedridden and scared (with little or no support) is there a telephone support line of any kind?

2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

PH has posted an 800 number, I believe it is posted in the section which explains what kinds of posts are appropriate. I will try and find it and post it.

If they can not help you, they may be able to tell you if someone has this service.

This is an interesting question and something like this would be a good source of support. Maybe for all people who have disabilities that leave them bedridden and that horrific feeling of being all alone. We have all experienced that.

Do you have a local crisis line?

Perhaps other people can give more input

Take care.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/28/2008]
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Wow, I just learned some information. I have copied the following.

Support Groups List
    The Support Groups section is a resource that allows you to search for support groups in your area. Within this section you may list your support group free of charge. Simply fill out the form and submit, the listing will appear on the site once it has been verified.

I did not find the 800 number.

ETA One of the wonderful things about this board is the support you get and you do not have to leave the house. You just have to let the members know. We have all had similar experiences.

I have found my laptop wonderful, as I can log on and be in bed at the same time.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/28/2008]
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

Usually the local SGs, especially FM ones (the CFS/ME groups are few and far between), have people who are willing to talk to others, especially the newly diagnosed.

I also highly recommend calling your United Way Hotline if you are really feeling very alone and in despair. They also know resources with people with chronic illnesses they can refer you to.

Sorry to say, but ME/CFS get very little attention anymore; in the early 90s there were lots of SGs, but the leaders of most just burned out from the load. I live in a city of almost 2M and there is not one resource available to us anymore.

There are even fewer drs who believe in CFS/ME than there were 20 years ago...they, of course, have been reading the lies and crap the CDC has been putting out about us needing CBT and graded exercise.

I hope you find a line to others; it can mean so much.

5. Elisa

Elisa Member

I so appreciate your help...

I have been looking high and low for support options...I am very isolated and lonely and very sick (fever for over 1.5 yrs). I struggle with fears about survival issues - like food etc. Anyway, not sure if others know of a phone suppport line but am looking to find one.

I will call the United Way too and see if they know...

A big thank you so much!

6. LindaJones

LindaJones New Member

great idea
    they should have phone support available for those who need it
  7. findmind

findmind New Member

Did you get a chance today to call the United Way in your area?

Hope you did...let us know what you found out, ok?

Hugs galore,