Is there a way to "poll" all of our ailments?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenaw70, Dec 8, 2005.

1. lenaw70

lenaw70 New Member

I was wandering if there is a way to do a poll to have everyone list all of their ailments?

There has always been a common link to some of the ailments secondary to fibro that most of us share and I am curious if we could see just HOW common they are.

For instance, my natropath doc thinks a lot of my issues come from malnutrition due to poor adsorbion of my food. I have IBS, and bad reflux.

I sure hope I make sence here,

Lena
  2. lenaw70

lenaw70 New Member

I will try and collect of of the data as it comes (copy and paste it in a word doc or something) and will post it in like a week? I wont bother using everyones names, just the ailments and then I will put it in the file section.

Sound good?

Lena
  3. eyesofblue

eyesofblue New Member

Hi Well here goes lol

Allergies CFS Depression Dry Eyes dry mouth and tongue swelling IBS Jaw Pain Mental confusion/memory loss Morning stiffness Restless Leg Syndrome Sleep disturbances Anxiety Panic Attacks Gastrointestinal disturbances Irritability to light sound and smells Chronic headaches swelling of joints total body pain numbing burning and tingling sensations weight gain

theres just a few i can remember at the moment any more and I will let you know

Sandra

4. lenaw70

lenaw70 New Member

I would like to also see all the things that you all suffer from besides the actual dianosis!

Like if you have fibro,IBS etc but also have unknown problems like back pain with no reason or tingly fingers etc...

Also wouldnt hurt to have list of PRIOR medical problems too for comparison!

I hope to collaborate all of this next week and post results. So if everyone can help this to get bumped up once in a while.

Thanks so very very much all of you!
    Lena
  5. lenaw70

lenaw70 New Member

JUST BUMPING!
  6. nleer

nleer Member

Great Idea,

I have had Fibromyalgia for 10 years. I was sick as a child with respiratory problems and was dependent of prednisone and lots of antibotics.
    I have oseoarthritis, osteopenia, IBS, reflux, asthma, cortisol insufficiency, low thyroid, candida yeast overgrowth, degenerative disc disease, chronic sinusitis, depression, generalized anxiety.

I think that's pretty much it.

Thanks,

Nancy
  7. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

1-CFIDS
    2-FMS
    3-IBS
    4-IBD
    5-P.O.T.S.
    6-Neurolimediated Hypotension/Orthostatic Intolerance
    7-T.M.J.
    8-Lupic Like Episodes (involving heart & lungs)
    9-anxiety/panic disorder/S.A.D
    10-very bad PMS/PM
    11-Muliple Chemical Sensitivity

Just for a start.......I'll get back to you when I remember the rest!

Sandy
  8. lenaw70

lenaw70 New Member

Hi again,

Thought I would check on the progress of this.

Thanks to everyone so far who is sharing, I hope to get a good list of ailments to put together next week.

So keep up the good work!

Lena
  9. tansy

tansy New Member

I had problems related to a hypermobility syndrome alongside an over reactive immune system with inflammation and coagulation; the latter led to a major pulmonary embolism. In recent years other family members have had health issues related to these investigated and/or treated; so they are clear genetic factors. The two of us who became very ill (son is now considerably improved) had adverse reactions to vaccines. I also had ibs, which followed typhoid vaccines and GI tract infections contracted when living overseas in the 60s; infections were the biggest trigger for an increase in IBS symptoms.

I have a lupus like syndrome; low complements 3 & 4 (also found in vasculitis and bacterial infections) a coagualopathy and immune dysregulation as confirmed in blood tests.
    Spinal, bone, and joint problems including TMJ, arthritis + + +, which are disabling and much worse since my muscles became weak and exercise intolerant. These have led to spondylosis, which also involves displaced vertebrae and degenerative arthritis as well as disc problems.
    Allergies, intolerances (including gluten) and chemical sensitivities.
    Inflammation and coagulations issues (responding well to tx)
    Chronic infections including borreliosis/lyme
    Myositis, myopathy, and spinal lesions according to EMGs.

Following facial neck and jaw trauma (major surgery and infection) toxins became more of an issue, my sleep quality changed, and my resistance to infections went down. 2 years later I had an acute infectious onset illness with severe neurological symptoms. There’s more but this gives a good overall picture.

Achieving tangible improvements were made possible by taking genetic factors, and problems prior to the acute onset of my current illness, into account.

Tansy[This Message was Edited on 12/12/2005]
  10. lenaw70

lenaw70 New Member

Still collecting this!
  11. JLH

JLH New Member

I'm like Wakemeup, they are too numerous to count; however, they are in my bio if you want to check them out.
  12. lcaldwell

lcaldwell New Member

CFIDS
    FIBRO
    IBS
    Hypoglycemia
    Depression
    Endometriosis (Level 3)
    Generalized Anxiety
    Panic Attacks
    Sleep Disorder
  13. evie9513

evie9513 New Member

Stein/Levanthols disease aka PCOS
    Cystic acne
    Type Two diabetes
    Vertigo
    Fog/forgetfullness
    slurred speech
    staggering gait from time to time
    chronic pain
    interstitial cystitis
    irritable bowel
    high blood pressure
    panic disorder
    insomnia
    fatigue
    diabetic neuropathy
    raynauds syndrome (worse if a smoker....er that would be me)
    loss of strength in hands from time to time
    spend mass amounts of time in a hot shower in winter
    schedule my day by preparing for whatever event i must go to by resting first and figuring out how long i have till i hit the wall.
    arthritis
    ..........many of these i have had since my 20's and when i had my babies total bedrest, lost one..........then when i had my hysterectomy it all went down hill so I am inclined to thing that at least there may be some hormonal aspects as I have always had an imbalance.

insulin resistance
    chronic sinusits (afrin is my friend at nite)
    skin sensitivity
    cannot do massage at all.
    and now depression..............just do to fighting this for the last 5 years.

Depression did not come first with me. Never understood it to tell you the truth but i do now.

crapola.......there is too many to list but i do take about 13 meds.
    i did the alternative thing for years until it no longer worked and in some ways think i may have delayed the result somewhat.
  14. 6cats

6cats New Member

Vertigo
    Anxiety
    Depression
    IBS
    TMJ
    Muscular Pain
    Low Immune System
    Severe Sinusitis
    Migraines
    Tingling/Burning of the fingers
    RLS
    Join Pain
    I know there's more but I forget...oh wait...short term memory loss.
  15. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Lack of or deficit of Gallbladder function causes decreased bile production, which in turn causes neurotoxins to build. Bile binds with neurotoxins and takes neurotoxins out of the body. In addition, lack of or deficit of bile may be connected to elevated cholesterol and hypercoagulation.

I had my gallbladder out when I was 24, and after I had the surgery, the symptoms of FMS began (35 yrs ago – I’m 59 currently). My belief is that not having a gallbladder is what has caused my IBS; however, I’ve discussed this with the doctor I see for IBS and he disagrees with me.

After I was diagnosed with FMS in January or February of 2002, I began to develop this theory related to gallbladder function through research and reading. I learned that elevated levels of cholesterol could be a result of lack of bile (gallbladder produces bile), and that a neurotoxins links to bile from the gallbladder for removal from the body. If the gallbladder is malfunctioning or absent, the neurotoxins are unable to be removed from the body and are reabsorbed causing hypercoagulation. Hypercoagulation is excessive clotting of the blood and may be an inherited condition or the result of disease such as Lyme borreliosis. When diagnosing FMS, Lyme disease must be ruled out as the cause of symptoms. Since hypercoagulation may exist without Lyme or an inherited condition, it has been found present in some people with FMS / CFS.

To treat problems with neurotoxicity, “binding therapy” has been utilized. This has included a drug called, Cholestyramine. This drug has a complimentary positive charge to the generally negative charge of the neurotoxin and as the neurotoxin-bile complex passes the Sphincter of Oddi where bile is released from the gallbladder, it binds neurotoxins linked to bile and is unable to be reabsorbed by the body.

One problem with Cholestyramine is that in long term use it has not remained effective. Cholestyramine is also utilized to lower cholesterol.

A more promising treatment is a phospholipid exchange. This is a method clears the liver (liver flush) and the biliary tree from neurotoxins. Using phospholipids also lowers cholesterol.

Both of the above treatments have dual results: liver flush of toxins and lowering of cholesterol.

My theory would include taking a phospholipid in place of a statin that usually ordered to lower cholesterol and has unwanted side effects. This would serve dual purpose as shown above. It would lower cholesterol and also clear the liver and biliary tree of neurotoxins.

Good supplements that have phospholipids are found in:

Lecithin,
    Soybeans and other seeds,
    Eggs, and
    Krill Oil. The omega-3s (EPA and DHA) in krill oil are present as phospholipids. Krill Oil may be purchased from the Immune Support dot com store.

Jeannette