Is there an FFC in southern cal???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suexi, Jan 22, 2006.

1. suexi

suexi New Member

Just wondering if there is an FFC in SC. Maybe in L.A? Even though it would probably be too far to go unless I find a ride.

Thanks,
    Susan

2. suexi

suexi New Member

Hi, I don't know if you got my message. I just wanted to say "your very welcome" when you said thank you for giving the advice for your SSDI. It's nice to know that I helped you out.

I live in La Verne. It's a bit of a drive to O.C. maybe 30 minutes or so. Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out.

So where did you move out here from?

Susan
  3. suexi

suexi New Member

oh wow, thanks... I didn't even see that I had a profile & have been on the board forever. Goes to show how out of it I have been. lol I will definately check out the FFC in Torrance on the web. Unfortunately it may be a bit too far for me to drive. That is one of my problems. Driving and getting too dizzy and don't have anyone to take me.
    Thanks again,
    Susan
  4. MKlady

MKlady New Member

Upland here! Glad to know some of you ladies are not too far away. I go to Las Vegas FFC because it was a two-month wait for Torrance last August. LV had just opened up so I got right in the first part of September.

My husband (retired, thank goodness) drives me up and we visit with his daughter and grandkids while there. It makes a nice "get out of the house" diversion each month. We're going up next week again.

I'm generally doing better than I was in August before I started. I had a pretty good November and December. But, the anti-viral drugs have knocked me pretty flat in January. We cut them way back and I'm beginning to feel a little better than death-warmed-over.

So it's still going to be a month or two to get up to full dose on AV's, heparin and ABX's without just trashing my bod. Then probably several more to get rid of the infections. But I do definitely think we're making progress.

Good luck!

Mary

5. suexi

suexi New Member

You only have to go once a month? Maybe I can deal with the drive to Torrance if it is only once a month.
    Susan
    p.s. You live so close to me; I am in La Verne.
  6. tanyasue

tanyasue New Member

I am in Huntington beach. We are very close to one another.

So Cal has some weird thing about it, but over all is a great place to live.

Tanya Sue
  7. racenut77

racenut77 New Member

Yes! I go to the center in Torrance. It is the best! I live 5 hours away. My husband takes me. I was so sick when I first went, I could hardly walk to the car much less get in it! Now I am much better. He still drives me once a month. We go down and home the same day. Yes it's a lot of driving, but the benefits far outway the inconvenience of traveling, same for the cost. You can't put a price on feeling well again. If there is any way you can get there, GO! They know what they're doing. Wishing you a road to feeling better.
  8. LdyM

LdyM New Member

Just curious.. which one of the three Drs. at the Torrance FFC do you see?

Glad you are doing so well there. I'm not having much luck so far. I have CFIDS and see Kent Holtorf.

Thanks, **LdyM
  9. suexi

suexi New Member

Interesting that some do well and others don't. I just called, Holtorf not available until April. Might call back to make an appt. to see "Dr.white" I think she said for the 13th of Feb. Anyway there was alot I forgot to ask. Do they put you on a strict diet or no sugar diet? Just wondering.

And also, what about the meds? I am soo sensitive to everything. Does it involve alot of meds?

Thanks,
    Just curious,
    Susan
  10. MKlady

MKlady New Member

Hi - there is a lot of info about FFC on the boards. Best way to access it is to do a search for FFC. Lots of experiences and info.

I too am sensitive (didn't know that until we started all of this) and we are having to work around the anti-virals as they have made me really sick.

Doc is great - calls me back the same day and adjusts meds and things over the phone. I just don't call soon enough - I probably could have saved myself a week or two of sick if I'd called her sooner! Oh well.

Last August, when I made the decision to go, I told my hubby and my business partner that I was "checking out" of life for at least six months to get well. I've been up and down - able to work sometimes and not at others - but I'm definitely seing improvement overall. And hope - which I didn't have last summer.

Good luck to you!!
  11. racenut77

racenut77 New Member

I see Dr. Tennenbaum. I started in July. He did blood tests no one around where I live knew how to do. (Serotonin & immune dysfunction). My immune level is nearly 0 & I have 0 serotonin. We've tried several western & eastern meds. I wasn't getting well, but we don't give up and keep trying different things. His serotonin shots give me some strength back and my prickly feeling skin simmers down. The Tramadol & Prednisone I started 2 weeks ago have decreased my pain significantly. I found that Magnesium clears up my brain fog. I'm still somewhat housebound, but was bedbound when I started. That's encouraging.