Is there anbody in VA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kats1978, Oct 31, 2002.

1. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

I am just woundering if there are any docs that anybody would recomend that would be in PWC?
  2. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

I am just woundering if there are any docs that anybody would recomend that would be in PWC?
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

My doc is in Reston, which I realize is not in Prince William, but depending on the part of the county may not be to far away. I believe Epricurean lives in Woodbridge. Frecs, who hasn't posted much here lately lives in Manassas.

So if your PWC means Prince William County, there are docs there. If you mean the more common meaning of PWC, people with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, I don't know of any docs who have CFS.

Barbara
  4. epicurean

epicurean New Member

I don't have a Reumy to recomend-only went to one and din't work out-although he did diag. me.I do go to aAnesth/pain managment DR.A Nagia.He is helping with my pain.Who are you currentlly seeing?
    Good Luck& let me know how you make out!!

Where do you live-I also live in area
    [This Message was Edited on 10/31/2002]
  5. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

I live in Woodbridge part of Prince William County
  6. planet

planet New Member

I can think of two rheumatologists in Woodbridge that I would not recommend...I've had one appointment with a Rheumatologist in Fairfax named Ellen Jenkins, MD. I liked her a lot, but her only advice, after having exhausted most other treatments and meds through my long list of other doctors was exercise.

7. epicurean

epicurean New Member

Where in Woodbridge do you live?Do you have a PCP or Rheumy here in area?have you been diag.with CFS/FM(one or both?).I could give you some help if I had a little more info.I'm sure my Dr. wouldn't even see you unless you have been diag. or have a referal to see him. Let me know what you need-good luck!!
  8. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

I was a house wife to a navy man and right now I am on my mom's insurance BB, I don't know any docs execpt for doc grover and I don't know if he wants to be able to see me, after this long
  9. teach6

teach6 New Member

Like Isaid he's in Reston, but if you take the PW Parkway to 28, or get on the Fairfax County Parkway via 123 from 95, you can get there rather quickly. He's an internist and has specialized in both FM and CFS. I have both!

Barbara
    [This Message was Edited on 11/01/2002]
  10. Trena

Trena New Member

Could you tell me who the dr is in Reston and how to contact him. There are two rheumys in Lynchburg but they tell fibro patients there is nothing they can do for them.
  11. teach6

teach6 New Member

I hope I spelled your name right. His name is listed on the Good Docs list, so I think it's OK to list him here. His name is Samuel Shor. His phone number is 703-709-1119. I see him for mostly CFS, but he treats FM too. Good luck.

By the way, where do you live?

Barbara
  12. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

it seems like tose words are hardly ever used....is there a suport net work out there near where I life?
  13. teach6

teach6 New Member

The only support group I am aware of is the Northern VA group. It meets on the third Saturday of the month at Fairfax hospital, 2 PM. I've been a couple of times. If you're interested I can send you more info.

Barbara
  14. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

I would always like to get the info
  15. teach6

teach6 New Member

Email me and I'll send you the info. I don't think I should post it here because I don't want her to get inundated with unnecessary email.

Barbara
    [This Message was Edited on 11/04/2002]
  16. epicurean

epicurean New Member

there is a support group that meets in Dale City,when I hunt up the info I will let you know.Did you see your Dr. that you mentioned you had seen some time ago?Maybe he would be able to help in finding the right Dr. for your fibro.
    Good-luck

[ advertisement ]