Is there any chance I can feel any better at all?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by remarkb, Mar 5, 2006.

1. remarkb

remarkb New Member

I have been sick so long not knowing what was the matter with me. Only recently been told I have CFS. The doc told me there was nothing I could really do about it. So I suppose I have to just keep having fever everyday...like the flu and deal with the pain. I dont know if I can do that. Surly there has to be some help. The only med I take is Effexor...now for 4 weeks. It does not seem to be helping at all. The pain is bad and getting worse and the fever just makes me so sick. I may have to quit my job...or get fired...and that is very bad as I have to have income.

I have seem folks on here talking about pain meds... do they do any good really or just make you drugged out and dont care. I dont think my doc would give me any anyway, but just wanting to know about that.

Its going to be another long day.

Brian
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

work for some. I don't like them myself if I can help it, but some people just absolutely could not move without them. I do think with all meds there is a knock on effect, the more you take the more you need, the more you take. It is a hard call.

As I take asprin for my heart I tend to use topical pain relievers but will take Tylenol if I am crying in pain. However, I do with that the USA was not so hyng up on codeine as it is, in my opinion are far more effective and thus safer(need less) drug that tylenol(acetemenophin) and is freely available in most countries except the USA.

In fact I think I am going to ask for it as it is one drug that does not make my stomach worse and it works on the migraines quite well too. I just heard a study on the BBC Radio that acetemenophoin and the other nsaids really are not good for migraines as they can make them worse!!!

Also 2mg of valium workls to relax the muscles for me and I sleep well with that low dose. Strangely, the higher doses would not work. You may want to consider the guai see Mikies posts.

Good Luck, Anne C

Anne C
  3. skierchik

skierchik New Member

you can feel better. Doctors don't know much about these syndromes. Check out this board as much as possible. You can learn alot.

I have posted many things about "influenza, recovery, detoxing etc. I have both CFS and some FM, juvenile diabetes and Hashimoto's (thyroid disorder) and yes, I strongly believe you can heal this. Look up my name and read some of my posts. Also look up Mikie, Stormyskye and many others who have improved. For me the muscle pain was slowly healed by detoxing. Please try some natural modalities before moving to pain meds if you can.

There are doctors out there who feel you can heal this DD, so keep trying to find one and in the meantime read as many books as you can on these topics. There isn't somone more interested in healing you, than you. Don't give up hope, your better days are ahead!!!

I'll help you anyway I can.

Hugs to you,

skierchik