Is there any Cream to help relax muscles?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by WifeHasFMS, Sep 25, 2002.

1. WifeHasFMS

WifeHasFMS New Member

Just wondering if there is anybody out there that knows of anything you can apply to your aching muscles to help relieve pain? My wife's muscles ache and I would like to find anything that may help relieve the pain I see her suffering.

Thanks,

WifeHasFMS
  2. WifeHasFMS

WifeHasFMS New Member

Just wondering if there is anybody out there that knows of anything you can apply to your aching muscles to help relieve pain? My wife's muscles ache and I would like to find anything that may help relieve the pain I see her suffering.

Thanks,

WifeHasFMS
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Epsom Salts contain magnesium. A hot soak in the tub with them will certainly make them relax and will make you "noodle legged" and sleepy.

Love, Mikie
  4. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

My Nuerolgist gave me a cream many years ago, and it did take the edge off..Sorry I can't remember the name, it was a compound prescription..In fact I just saw him about two weeks ago, and he prescribed a cream, I took it to the pharmacy, and they told me they would have to make it, it should be ready in about 2 days..I called back once, it still wasn't ready, and haven't heard from them yet..If I ever get it, I will be sure to post and let you know what it is..Some people get some relief from Lidoderm patches, but then you could be walking around with patches all over your body..I have the patches, and just use them on the worst areas, they take the edge off a little, that's about it for me..
    Best Wishes for your wife & you......Take Care.......Donna
  5. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

My rheumy had advised me to purchase a cream called Zostrix when I had strained my thoracic muscle some time ago. I never did buy it, because the flexeril and heat did the trick for me.

Good Luck,

Regina
  6. fibolady

fibolady New Member

works the best for me. i haven't found any creams that helped, sorry. i too take flexeril when needed and use the rice socks or bed buddy you can buy at drugstore) and that takes the edge off.
    warm regards, fibolady
  7. SharonR

SharonR New Member

You may be able to order it from this site.
    What a nice guy, to be concerned.
    Smiles
    SharonR
  8. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I use an arthritis type cream with glucosamine & chondroiton in addition to a heating pad applied directly to the area and I find that does help a lot. In regards to the epsom salts baths I learned recently in my endless internet surfing that epsom salts help remove toxins from the body but to avoid doing them right after (within a few hours) you ingest vitamins that you want to stay in the body, they will leach out also, what I saw to do to help rid the body of bad toxins is do the epsom salts in the bath, then after about 20 minutes the pores are opened enough to add hydrogen peroxide, apparantly the epsom salts opens the pores and the peroxide pulls out toxins. This is used for metals also to rid the body.

Jaci