Is there any info for family and friends

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tootzee, Aug 10, 2003.

1. tootzee

tootzee New Member

Does anyone know if there is a article written by a MD that could enlighten family and friends on the disabiling factors of this chronic condition. I am tired of my family saying I just want attention. I guess I just willed this pain, that is unbearable, fatigue,I have to force myself to get up even to go to the restroom, they see the mucles jumping and twitching, "guess I could go into the Guiness Book of World Records on that one.....
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Toozee, welcome to our world of the most misunderstood people who are ill in the whole medical field of sickness!

We do have pamplets for the unbelievers, go to the first post on this page (in blue)where it says; 'CFS & FM Patient's Guide' you can order as many as you can distribute, they are free and postage paid. Just fill out the form for mailing.

Most of us run into the problem you are having, its not easy for people to look at someone that looks perfectly normal and healthy and believe they are sick. But we know how we feel and they don't.

Don't let this get you stressed out, it happens all the time.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Takesha

Takesha New Member

I don't know of any doctors articles, but if you do a search for "fibrohugs" there are a few links on their home page. One is a letter to normals...it explains things from "our" point of view. There may be some other things that will help as well. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    Takesha
  4. gaskinsb

gaskinsb New Member

Thank God for my family...they were the first to make sure I went to the doctor. They knew something was wrong with me and they can tell when I'm having a hard time. They are so compassionate. They are always reminding me to slow down, don't work so hard etc. they remember when it was terrible for me. I have good days and bad. I hope they all don't become bad all the time. Again, I say thank god for my wonderful support system.

[ advertisement ]