Is there any kind of online support for our spouses anywhere?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrsjethro, Jun 20, 2006.

1. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

Good morning everyone!!

My hubby did the most wonderful and touching thing. He said he posted on the message board here last night for the first time.

I know that he is having a very difficult time trying to understand all of this, but he is trying. I love him so much. That just added one more reason to the very long list of reasons why I do.

Is there an online support group that anyone is aware of that is for our spouses that are trying to understand this?

He really needs someone to talk to and this was the only place that I knew of that would give him any support and answers. But most of us have fm, mps, cfids, etc ourselves. I think he is looking for any method he can find to deal with this.

If anyone knows of anywhere, please let me know. I worry about him because I know that this is very difficult for him to understand and now he's got to deal with his emotions from it too. It's not all about me. We are in this together.

I know that we can all help him and tell him about it from our perspective, but I think he wants to know about it from our spouses point of view and how they cope. Any suggestions?
    (((((hugs to you all)))))
    mrs
  2. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

Does your hubby have fm too, or is he here for his own support? Mine doesn't have it, but he could certainly use some male bonding and moral support with all of this.

I'll tell him to look for triggerman. His is harleyrider (now that was a big surprise to me, NOT) He posted "hubby needs help" last night on the board for the first time. I don't know how often he will be on here. I'm just really glad that he did it. He needs support too. I am very proud of him for that.

I had made a friend on here a few weeks ago and we were getting close and had been going in chat a few times to another room by ourselves where we wouldn't bother anyone else, but the moderators kicked us out yesterday. They said it appeared that we were more interested in having a personal chat with one person so they kicked us off and told us that msn messenger would be more appropriate. We were talking about some stressful things that are going on. I didn't realize that we had done anything wrong. So, I don't know if I'm allowed to use chat any more or not. It really hurt my feelings. At least they didn't ban me from the board though. I'm okay with that I guess. I am not a fast enough typer to keep up in a room with several people in it. It stresses me out and makes me hurt worse.

If you don't think your hubby would mind, I know that mine would surely appreciate having someone to talk to about this. Maybe he wouldn't mind replying to my hubby's post??
    Thanks so much,
    mrsjethro

3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

We've had a quite a number of posters looking to help thier loved one, but they don't have it.

And you mentioned the male bonding thing, there are plenty of men here too. I know how men tend to listen to other men better. OUr male posters don't start posts alot, but there is a surprising a mount of them coming out of the woodwork when they are called upon. But some men prefer to talk to women if the matter is an emotional one, and we know there are plenty of them too.

Jeanne
  4. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

There is an organization was called "The Well Spouse Foundation", but recently changed "foundation" to "organization". It is a support group for people who are dealing with the illness/injury of a spouse (or significant other).

I don't have thier website, but they will show up if you "google" them.

Hope this helps,

- julie (is free!)

I may be changed by my circumstances, but I refuse to be reduced by them.

- Maya Angelou
  5. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

Thank you so very, very much. I will try to find it right now and have a look at it. I would (very gently) hug you right now if I could reach you. Thank you so very much!!
    (((((hugs)))))
    mrsjethro
  6. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

I'm so glad I could help - and that you have a spouse who is willing to get some support!

My future-ex didn't realize that my illness affected BOTH of us.. thus his designation as my "future ex"... :)

Good Luck,

- julie (is free!)

You won't get the chance
    to prove who's right or wrong
    You'll just get the change to
    prove what's gone..

- Radney Foster
  7. Marta608

Marta608 Member

What a sweetheart. I wrote him that I thought it would be great if we had a board for our loved ones but until that happens we can try to give him different perspectives.

I sure understand him wanting opinions from spouses or other loved ones though. You know, other illness have family support groups. Why don't you post to Mikie or someone else here and ask about it? Good idea!

Marta