IS THERE ANY REAL HELP?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MARINE01, May 27, 2003.

1. MARINE01

MARINE01 New Member

FOLKS:
    I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET HELP FOR SOME TIME. CALLED ONE FAMOUS DR AND IS REALLY COST PROHIBITIVE. MY PCP SEEMS TO BE RELUCTANT, SAYS I SHOULD SEE A PSYCHIATRIST. I AM BUT THAT IS GOING NOWHERE RIGHT NOW.
    I AM CONTEMPLATING THE TREATMENT PLAN ON MY OWN, CAN ANYONE ADVISE IF IT REALLY SEEMS TO WORK?
  2. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

does not necessarily mean that they are any good. You have not filled out your profile, so we don't know what area you are in. There are some very good, very supportive doctors who never make "Who's Who". There is a good doctor list here on the home page where you might find someone close to you who understands our problems. Give us some more information, and maybe someone can help. We don't expect you to broadcast your address, but something like "near Cincinnati" or "northern California" would maintain your privacy, but help us to help you. Get a copy of Devin Starlanyl's books. She is an MD with FM, and in the books has info for your PCP. Some are less receptive than others. It might be time for your fingers to take a hike through the Yellow Pages. I usually start with "A" and end with "Yes, Dr. *** treats several persons with FM. It is a very complicated condition". That at least gives me a clue that the doc is receptive to new ideas and accepts that my problems are not all in my head. Good luck.
    Kate