IS THERE ANY SUPPORT BOARDS HERE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrorebel, Apr 7, 2003.

1. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

for those that we need to support us,ie:spouses,parents,children. There has been an awful lot of posts lately from fellow sufferers re:spouses not
    being supportive right through to spouses being abusive and hurtful. Much of the time I truly believe that this may be due to their own fear of the unknown and the fact that there
    is nothing they can do to fix "it" and make it go away.
    Sometimes, those of us who were once over-achievers, diligently caring for all our families needs (usually before the need was present!) become angry and feel hopeless,wondering where our worth is now that we can't do the same thing we used to. Now if we put ourselves in their shoes, I think that it is obvious that they too need support and a place to share fears and frustrations.Does anyone know if there is such a site here at ProHealth or somewhere else?
    Peace and a prayer sent to you all!
    Rebel
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If you click on Message Boards, it will give you a full list of our other forums. Just click on the one you want.

Love, Mikie
  3. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

You always seem to bail me out during my periods of dense fog!I can't believe I missed it- I looked before I posted, honest I did. Anyway I just really think it would help for
    everyone (especially newbies and the newly DX) to know that the caregiver's board is there for their spouses to get some support. Perhaps a lot of them don't think of themselves as "caregivers" as most of us are not completely
    invalids, you know what I mean? I've been dx for over 6 yrs. and my husband has not really had to do much for me
    until the last 6 months when I've been soooo much worse.
    Anyway, I know that not everyone would want to check out the
    board but I plan on at least letting my husband in on where to go just in case he might find it as valuable as I have found all of you, in good days as well as bad.
    love REBEL
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Our loved ones can end up with more denial, anger, and feelings of isolation than we have. Our illnesses affect the whole family/friends network. Lucky are those of us who have caring and supportive loved ones. I'm going to add them to my prayers.

Love, Mikie