Is there anybody here from Alabama

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by singingirl, Jul 6, 2006.

1. singingirl

singingirl New Member

I see people on here from all over, and I was just wondering if there were any from my neck of the woods???

Have a blessed day
  2. laura3951

laura3951 New Member

hey i am from guntersville ala although i live in athens ga now .you?
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I am not a native Alabamian, however, I've lived here for 4 years and call Alabama my home. I will be here until the Good Lord calls me home, unless He decides to move me to another state (lol).

I hope He doesn't, because I love it here....except for hurricane season.

Lolalee
  4. singingirl

singingirl New Member

Yes sassy2 I sing. My father, sister and I have 2 CD's out. We sing Southern Gospel. My father was with a Southern Gospel group called The Florida Boys for 8 years while I was growing up, and won the dove award for best high tenor. I also sing on the praise and worship team at my church as well as specials. I have been singing all my life, and I still get so nervous I will throw myself into a panic attack before I have to sing.

My 1st cousin is the house pianist at the Grand Ole Opry. I am sure the man that was the lead singer of your band knew him. He has played the piano there for several years now. Small world huh?

I was born in Mobile, then we lived in Florida while my father was singing with the Florida Boys. Moved back to Mobile when I was 8 and have lived here every since. I am 41 now.

Glad to know there are some more Southern Bells here!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 07/07/2006]
  5. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

You live in Mobile!!! I live in Fairhope!

Hi Neighbor. It's really great to know of someone who lives so close to me.

Do you have both FMS and CFIDS? How long have you been ill?

Have a great day,

Lolalee
  6. bjlow

bjlow New Member

singing girl yes i live in monroeville alabama.i also sing southern gospel at churches and go to a radio program here in monroevill every sunday morning to sing.small world huh !!
  7. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

8. DixieDe

DixieDe Member

I live in North Alabama and would love any suggestions for doctors. Dr. Ecklund used to be in Birmingham but has moved to Fairhope the last I heard. He was a help to me. Thanks for any info. DeDe.
  9. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I live in Mississippi. I just wanted to butt in here a moment to let you know how much I loved the Florida Boys.

My mom and I used to watch The Gospel Jubilee every Sunday morning before church.

I also loved the Inspirations and would go see them when they performed near our town.

By the way, which one was your father?
  10. achy

achy New Member

I live in the NW TIP of the Florida Panhandle....N. of Pensacola. About an hour to Mobile.

Howdy neighbor! Any good docs in that area?

achy
  11. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

i from athens, al....small town in the north part of al.20 something miles from huntsville.

shirley
  12. dleaning

dleaning New Member

but my brother lives there in Bessemer, just outside of Birmingham. He just moved there from Pelham. Beautiful state!!!

Dawn
  13. dleaning

dleaning New Member

14. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

i think i know where it is...do you have any idea where it is located, north, east, west, south......north athens is where i live, east would be in the limestone county, west would be in west limestone, and south is in tanner going to decatur....i happen to live in town..i love it...i use to live four miles out going to west limestone...do you have their last name....

it is so nice to see athens on this board....the world is really small.
    shirley
  15. livin4him

livin4him New Member

from Birmingham. I grew up in Anniston and have lived most of my adult life in Birmingham. Except for a year in Arkansas and a few years in Florida, where I was born, I moved to take care of my mother when she got sick.

I think Alabama is really the Beautiful.

16. singingirl

singingirl New Member

Sorry it took me so long to reply.... I have been out of town on a youth trip with our church.

My father is Tommy Atwood. He sang tenor for the Florida Boys for 8 years, and every year he gets together with them in North Carolina at the Grand Ole Gospel Reunion, or as some people call it the Old timers reunion, and sings, with Billy Todd singing the bass just like old times. He and my mother practically live for that week in August.
  17. singingirl

singingirl New Member

18. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I remember your Dad! He was one of my favorites out of the group! Thank you for answering my question. This brings back fond memmories long forgotten of the days when my mom and I would get our third cup of coffee and be seated and in place before the Gospel Singing Jubilee would come on. And knowing that the Florida Boys were always the opening performance.

My mom was very ill and could not get out, so that was one of the things that she would look forward to. She would sit in her rocking chair and pat her foot and raise her hand in praise whith each song that was sung. Oh how I miss those days....

Thank you again for reawakening those memories.
  19. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello,

I am in Athens too. I usually just say Huntsville or the Huntsville area because most people aren't familiar with Athens.

Actually I don't even really live in Athens if that even makes any sense! We live right smack dab in between Madison and Athens but got the Athens mailing address.

We have been out here for a few years and have just started going to stores in Athens. It's weird but we were so used to shopping in Huntsville and Madison that we just didn't think to shop in Athens.

Have you heard of Village Pizza? They are THE BEST pizza place ever!!!! It is just this little pizza place right across the street from East Limestone High School and it is SOOOOO good!

We haven't eaten a chain pizza pie since we found them! They are just ummmmm, good!

Okay well anyway, I am just rambling on here. I just wanted to say hello to a neighbor!

((HUGS))

kate
  20. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Bump for hoodnanny