Is there anybody here from the Mobile Alabama area?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by singingirl, Sep 4, 2008.

1. singingirl

singingirl New Member

and do you know of a doctor that will give you something for pain?
  2. jaba520

jaba520 New Member

sorry but I love that area I have family who lives there and have always loved visiting. Good luck in your search.

3. kd2

kd2 New Member

would u believe i live only about65mls n.of mobile ? i did not think there was any more bama people around.
  4. Dixielanddelight

Dixielanddelight New Member

wow im shocked to see somebody else in mobile. I have been told that pain medications do not work and I can believe it. I have major back problems as well but the fibromyalgia really kicks my butt.

I have been on alot of medications since last year and so far nothing has helped...I have tried lyrica and it made me severely dizzyheaded like i was drunk. So now I am on Namenda and havent seen any change.

5. singingirl

singingirl New Member

I am soooo tired of hurting. I had been doing really good. I guess it is all the pressure from these storms passing by us (thank you God) My husband and I are suppose to go to the mountains for our 10th anniversary next month and I just hope and pray I am able to enjoy it.
  6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

That depends on how much you want to spend on treatment. There is a Fibro and Fatigue center in Atlanta. Very costly!!!!!

But they will help you.

7. singingirl

singingirl New Member

for the responses. I can't afford to spend a lot. I do have insurance and I think I might see about the doctors at the pain clinic that was posted by dixielandelight. I just went to another dr and he said he doesn't like to treat fibro. says it is a crap shot. just wants me to change from Lexapro to Cymbalta which I am kinda scared to do, and up the Lyraca. Don't really know what to do :(