Is there anyone eles out there from Alabama

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elizabeth136854, Oct 19, 2005.

1. elizabeth136854

elizabeth136854 New Member

Looking for someone who lives in alabama with fms and other disabilities, looking for a friend close to share everyday feeling and someone who will understand what im going throught and be there for them also.....
    [This Message was Edited on 10/19/2005]
  2. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

hello
    i was just wondering yesterday if there were anyone on here from al.....i am from the northwestern part....where are you from.....
    i have been told i have ra and fibro.....so i have some aches and pains to like some of these people....
    i just read your bio..where is valley.....i have heard of valley head near huntsville....could that be it...
    you are new here i think....you will like it and find a lot of good information.
    wishing you well..
    shirley
  3. elizabeth136854

elizabeth136854 New Member

HI Shirley, thanks for your reply yes im new here and sometimes I read what everyone has to say and I have got alot of information from here it was nice to know that im not crazy at times and other people with fms have alot of feeling and questions as I do.. I have been in the chat room a couple of times it moves a little to fast for me but im told I will get the hang of it I hope so... Valley al is about a hour and a half south of atlanta ga. I live close to the alabama georgia line.so what part of al are you from?I would really like to chat sometimes and I will try to up date my profile later and give more information about myself
    look forward to talking to you again !!!!!
    Elizabeth
  4. TristansMom

TristansMom New Member

hey ya'll I am from Alabama as well I am in Morgan county near Decatur.....I am here to chat If ya'll want a buddy.
  5. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

well i got up this morning and saw that we had another one to join in from al...
    i was born and raised in decatur.. i know it very well..i live in athens...do you all know where it is.. it is a small lovelly town...all my daddys family lived in and around morgan county.
    i got up this morning and it was cool out and now the sun is shining and it feels so good outside, but i dont know if you are like me or not...i think the weather is going to change, because i hurt all over..this weather vane of my body tells me that, i did not use to know that until a friend told me to watch the weather and watch the difference in pain...i did and it does...
    i have had pain all my life, but did not know what it was....drs. just poo poo it....then last year i was told i had rheumathoid art...and fibro..by one of the most respected doctors in athens...he hit the nail on the head. i had gotten to the point i could not walk. the arthritis was in feet and ankles..man that is a trip. but i am so much better now..i hold my breath that it will happen again....
    i guess i have said enough in this letter....it is nice to hear from someone in our town...makes the board seem closer to you.(me)
    hope that you two are doing well this morning to..just hang in there like i do..take care...and have a wonderful day today.
    shirley
  6. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

good morning.
    glad to have you....what part of mississippi are you from. were you in the way of katernia...i hope not. missippi is a beautiful state...i love the moss that hangs on the trees...it is the first state i saw when i was young and it was so pretty to me as i was going to new orleans...tennessee, new orleans, and mississippi are the three states i would love to live in.....now to do nothing and to just reLAX go to fla..i love it to.
    so tell me what you are ailing from...hope it is not bad..and what med are you on.....
    i am on plaqunil right now... i was on prednisone.. i put on 20 lbs. and i am trying to get the weight off... not much luck..i have been off for about three months..it has made me to where i love food.. and that use to not interest me...eating. now i can eat anything i can get my hands on...
    i am going now to cut out me a blouse and then make it..i love to sew. if i dont get started i will not get on it today and i do so want to...sometimes to many distractions to keep me from starting.....and this computer is one of them..i dont know what i did before i got mine...but i love it....
    you have a good day today to....nice hearing from you
    shirley
  7. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

i just went to your bio...you are very pretty..
  8. beth0818

beth0818 New Member

i have been in alabama for almost 3 years. hi to my neighbors!

beth
  9. TristansMom

TristansMom New Member

hey ya'll my name is Teresa and I am from Hartselle. I was dx'd in july but my problems have been going on for about 3 years now. Glad to know there are others just like me...