Is there anyone out there who has tried Guaifenesin for FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by barbaraabishop, Jul 24, 2003.

1. barbaraabishop

barbaraabishop New Member

I want to try Dr ST Amands protocol for FM using guaifenesin but unsure as to what I can eat re. salicylates and blocking the med.Will also do the low carbs as I am hypoglycemic. Need some help staring on this med.Thanks
    Barbara
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Nothing you eat will affect the Guai except, I would stay away from mint. You need to buy the book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About FIBROMYALGIA," by Dr. St. Amand. Read it and it will tell you everything you need to know. Unless one has read the book, understands the protocol, has eliminated the sals from supplements and personal-care items, and understands how to tweak the doseage, failure is almost guaranteed.

I have had wonderful results with the Guai and have been on it for more than two years. I no longer have to take pain meds regularly; I used to be on Morphine. It almost immediately got rid of the Fibro Fog. This is a lifetime treatment and results can be slow in coming, so it demands patience and commitment.

If you do a search here, it will bring up all the old posts on Guai. Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]