** Is there anyone using Nikken products??***

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SherylD, Feb 26, 2006.

1. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Hi..I was wondering if anyone is using these products???

I was talking to a lady that has been using them for about 8 months now..She swears by some of the products..And uses them on her whole family..

Her mother has fibro and is having good results with some of the supplements..

Just would like some feedback on this..

Thanks

SherylD
  2. purple1

purple1 New Member

After 5 years I was finally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia,thia past monday and i am new here...so first off Hello.My Boss is a Dentist and when i told him about what was going on with me he gave me a Magnet necklace as well as magnetic soles for my shoes,he and his wife(who is an anesthesiologist)both sell Nikken and are BIG supporters of this Company.The magnets have helped me...I usually function on a pain scale of 1-10 ,6-8 being a daily norm for me..With the magnets I drop to a 3-4 which gets me through the work day...I hope this helps
  3. SherylD

SherylD Guest

First hello and welcome...So sorry you have the terrible DD... This is a very helpful place to be and everyone is wonderful here..

I just came across a lady that was telling me that I should try this product...She wants me to try the supplement and nutrition end of it as well as some of the filtration for the water..

It is pretty costly so I wanted to know if it is worth it..

Thanks for the input..So glad that they are helping you..

SherylD
  4. patches25

patches25 New Member

I bought the whole spiel. My magnet pad sits in the garage now. I do use a small magnet pad sometimes (bought from another company). There are smaller magnets that go with the mattress pads and such and I do use them frequently. But I don't use the rolling things for back. Yeah, I was expecting to get a lot better. I am not against magnets but it was a awfully lot of money I wish I hadn't spent. I have had this stuff for over 10 years now. E.
  5. SherylD

SherylD Guest

6. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I have a Nikken magnetic bracelet I have used with great results. I loaned it out for awhile to a friend of mine and she felt it helped her also.

I also have a pair of Nikken inserts for my shoes. I have not been wearing them lately as they cause my shoes to get too tight when my feet swell. They do help with my aches and pains though.

I had bilateral carpal tunnel releases and talked to the orthopedic surgeon who operated on me about Nikken. He told me he sleeps on a mattress pad with the magnets in it. He shut the door and whispered that to me. He said he didn't want other people to know it, but he really liked it.

Linda
  7. SherylD

SherylD Guest

You again..LOL

We must me on the same page...LOL

I am thinking of trying some of the products..This lady I was talking to gave me some of her water..It goes through the magnetic stuff..and she did some magnetic massage on me tonight..

She told me to drink as much as possible...cuz tomorrow I could feel like a truck hit me...I thought what's new..but then she said the next day I should feel much better..

She didn't do it for that long so she said it shouldn't be that bad..

I could go to a meeting on Wed. night to check out some their stuff.. I might go..

I will let everybody know if I do..
  8. swimmer71

swimmer71 New Member

Well, I use the mattress pad with mixed results. Who knows if it helped....did I buy snake oil? Maybe not. I am functioning ok and perhaps the magnets restored some energy and strength I otherwise would not have had.

The bracelet and necklace can also help.

My problem with Nikken is its commission based selling structure which to me really inflates prices. It also results in a lot of hype. We are very susceptible of being taken advantage of, so use caution.

9. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

You're right about us being on the same page. Everywhere I go, there you are!

Please let us know if you go to the Nikken meeting. I'm interested in hearing about the water. These products are terribly expensive. I want to thank you for reminding me of them though. I pulled out the shoe inserts even though my feet were badly swollen at the time. I had a DUH moment when I realized I could put them in a different pair of shoes! They felt really good and I wore them all day yesterday. The very best part of all is that this morning when I got up out of the bed my left heel was not too painful too walk on. Been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis for a year now and this was the first time in months I could walk on my heel first thing in the morning. Don't meant to sound like a commercial, but it's true.

Wish you the best,

Linda
  10. pepper

pepper New Member

I have been conversing with a lady who has brought her daughter from being severely ill (i.e. bedridden) with CFS for 11 yrs to being well and attending university full time. Nikken products were a big part of her treatment so this lady has started selling them and, of course, swears by them.

I have talked to my naturopath about the products and he says that they are like so many things - of tremendous help for some patients, useless for others.

It seems like an awful lot of money to put out just in case they might work. I wish that there was some way of knowing ahead of time.

That said, I did buy the shoe inserts since they were not that expensive - and she gave me a deal. They have DEFINITELY helped with my chronic ankle pain. I wear them all day every day even in my slippers.

Doing research on this site, I found that they often do help with this sort of pain. As for the other FM pain and CFS, I don't know.

We bought the water system because it makes sense. They have a really good filtration system and you end up drinking alkaline water which is good. We bought the one that goes on our water cooler and it actually ends up being cheaper than the bottled water that we were buying. And we are not drinking out of re-used plastic. That can only be a good thing.

I was considering trying the nutritionals until I saw the price. They seem like excellent products and if money were not an object maybe.

The lady I talk to has only good intentions and really wants to help people but I don't think that she realizes that what works for some does not necessarily work for others. If I knew that I would respond the way her daughter did, I would definitely consider buying more of her products.

Pepper
  11. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I know the stuff is expensive...but it just might be worth it...No different than anything else...you just have to take the chance..

The one thing I worry the most about is getting worse before you get better...I feeling that could happen...Just after some of the things that she has tried on my has brought out some pains I have never had before...

I suppose it can really stir some things up..Like an hour after the massage she gave me I came down with a nasty cold..I thought I had one coming..but I had felt like that for a while..

One thing about this girl is she has a lot of the products or knows someone who does and she says I can borrow stuff if I would want to try it before I buy it..

I think I am going to get the juice they sell..It comes with 2 bottles..so I asked my Mom if she would split it with me...she said sure..I think she needs to try it too..

Thanks for you input..I'll keep you posted on what I decide..
  12. Bambi

Bambi New Member

with the accupuncture, Chiro, physical therapy, the expensive TENS machine I have somewhere and a load
    (and loads of $$$$!) down the drain.
    I'm glad when I hear anything works for anyone, just none of it helped me and some cases made me worse.
  13. SherylD

SherylD Guest

14. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

15. SherylD

SherylD Guest

16. kdeenak

kdeenak New Member

My ex-boyfriend's parents sold it for a short time. His mother had RA and thought it might help her. She tried a lot of their products and went to a lot of meetings and she said the stuff was nothing but a gimick and she got out of it. When they were first selling it, you would have thought it was a new religion they were so into it and believed it so much, but she was very disappointed. None of the products helped her RA, and they told her it would practically cure it.

My mother who bought a pillow for me with magnets in it from her, and it was useless. His mom's bed had a matress pad on it that she bought from there that was TERRIBLY expensive but very comfortable, but nothing anymore special than you would get at the mall for half the price.
    If you think it helps, that is great, (and it never hurts to try) but I would be a little wary just from my experience of being around his parents. Just don't spend too much money :)

Lots of hugs,

Deena
    [This Message was Edited on 03/04/2006]
  17. CASA02

CASA02 New Member

I first was introduced to the product in '93 - my youngest daughter had just started playing college bball - she had horrible shin splints and back pain - chiro was used on a wkly basis - anyway, she started with the little ball roller magnets from nikken and rolled her shins daily before/after games and practice and wore small magnet pad on her lower back - she SWORE by them - played ball in sweden after college and they were used by the team when she got there - I became ill with fibro in '95/'96 and tried the products faithfully, but never rec'd any relief - so/ as usual with our issues of fibro it seems to be a Godsend for some and nothing for others - I would suggest trying to find someone (often the salesperson) to allow you to try them before the huge expense - Good luck -
  18. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I'm not sure about the Nikken products but they did a study on magnets and horses and the magnets did not help the horses at all. (They sell magnets for pain ect in horses) At least with a horse he can't have a placebo effect. he has no idea if their is a magnet in his blanket or his boots.

Just thought it was interesting and this study leads me to believe maybe there isn't anything to magnets but who knows my mind is open about this stuff. Is there a money back guarentee on the products? Then if they don't work you can return them. Lynn
  19. hope4today

hope4today New Member

My 2 children and I have fibro. My parents bought each of us a mattress pad...they were so heartbroken at our suffering.

After the placebo effect wore off...3 months...we were back to where we were before. Wish I could give you one of the mattresses( now in the basement) to try for free...the insoles were too hard and didn't have enough spring in them. Got sore knees.

This was 10 years ago and we used them for 3 years before deciding our ordinary mattresses were more comfortable without them. I joined up as a distributor in order to get a discount on the purchase of those three mattresses.

I agree with with a previous comment about the way huge profits are made on this product. The monthly mailings I recieved highlighted those distributors who had been successful in the company and how owned a summer home etc. Very little said about the benefits to those who bought the product.

This is one of the many things our family has tried in our quest for better health. This one is held up as another one of Mom's Wierd Ones.
    Wish it worked consistantly for everyone!
    Hope
  20. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I am seeing a little relief from some of the things I have tried so far...And everything I have tried she has let me borrow..Which is so nice...

I have been drinking the water for a week now..and using a cream for pain which has helped alot...Then I am using some farinfarred (sp) long johns which I think have helped to relax some on my muscles..also I have been taking some of the greenzymes (sp) cuz my head was all stuff..and that has helped too...

My neck was soooo bad and terrible headaches.plus TMJ problems..I have rubbed the cream on my neck and gotten some relief...Some of the things make me feel kinda funny at first...but the I feel good..

My body has that feeling like I have been to the chiro..everything is just kinda loose..My neck has been cracking on its own and my back too...Just seems weird.

I am considering starting with some of the supplements first before I get into the magnets..

This lady is not pushy with any of the stuff..She has had huge changes with her family with the products..and she sees how I suffer everyday and just wants to help..Plus her my has FM...and it has all turned her around in like 3-4 months...She wants me to talk to her and I think it would be worth my time...She has tried everything as we all know how that goes..

Don't we all get to the point that we'd try anything??..I can let you know how it goes..