Is there anything better than freshly laundered sheets ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lynna62, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

My name is Lynna, and I am a sheet fanatic.

There, I've said it.

My new sheets arrived in the mail today. They are FLEECE.
    Just washed 'em and put 'em on my bed. I LOVE THEM......

Just what I needed, another reason to stay in bed....

gotta go cook dinner......grrrrrrrrr.
  2. abcanada

abcanada New Member

Since I have no life, and spend alot of time in bed, I tend to love sheets. My hubby & I have been sick for the last 1-2 weeks so I've been changing them every 2 days & I just love fresh sheets. We could go for a new pair. Take care & enjoy, Laura
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I just changed our sheets this AM, and I am eager to go to bed tonight. I love freshly washed sheets, also.

I guess I could change them every day, but guess that is ridiculous. Besides, I haven't the energy.

Oh, but you're right about the great feeling to crawl into the fresh sheets.

Have a great night's sleep.

4. JLH

JLH New Member

You are soooooooo right!!!!! LOL

I love to get in a bed with fresh sheets, especially after a shower when you are clean and all powdered-up and smell sooooo good!

In fact, I just changed my sheets yesterday and was thinking this same thing this morning as I stayed in bed enjoying that great feel .... and smell of the sheets, too! Gotta love that Downey!

But ... changing sheets is so hard on me--my back, arms, shoulders, etc. I dread doing it, but love it when I do!!

I've never tried the fleece or flannel sheets, though. I always buy at least 300 thread count white sheets. I like to wear a long nylon gown to bed and then it's so easy to turn over in bed with a silky gown and slick sheets!!

Next time I have to buy sheets, I want to try a higher thread count just to see if they are any better. We have a discount store for name-brand products in our area and I go there and buy my sheets. I got a queen-size set of sheets w/pillowcases, a $90 value, for $30 -- so you can't beat that! I would never pay $90 for a set of sheets!!!!

Like you, this is another reason to stay in bed until 1:00 pm!!!!

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Is there anything better than freshly laundered sheets ?

Yes, Freshly laundered sheets that have been laundered by somebody else. Haha.

6. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

I hear you Rock.....I would love to have my own personal sheet changer! I would have them do it every day, using that wonderful purple potion called Lavender Vanilla Downy., I don't "officially" make my bed every day, that would imply that I actually get out of it for a long length of time lol. During the day I will pull the covers up and turn on the electric blanket and just use a quilt over me, so technically, I'm not "in bed", I'm just on it ahahahaaha.

I do however have this weird OCD thing about having my sheets tucked in and blankets straightened out. Hubby has to help me "remake" the bed before he gets in every night. By the time evening rolls around all the blankets, etc have moved over to my side from the dogs and I getting on and off the bed all day.
  7. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Nope. Nothing better :)

I like high thread count linen sheets though. Fleece or flannel are too warm for me. But the silky freshly washed cotton sheets are the best. I try to change my sheets at least weekly because it's so much more comfortable to have crisp sheets.
  8. joyfully

joyfully New Member

NO! It isn't sex, it is a PAIN FREE DAY!
    Joyfully (rheumatoid arthritis patient and FM)

Chocolate comes in a close second.
  9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I would still have to vote for SEX in freshly laundered sheets.....

Nancy B
  10. Marta608

Marta608 Member