Is there ANYTHING that will help the fog.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MoosesMom, Nov 29, 2005.

1. MoosesMom

MoosesMom New Member

This Fibro Fog is driving me crazy. My pain and sleep problems are being managed fairly well right now but the Fog is horrible. I HAVE to work and I am also very active in our community and have a family to care for. This FOG is becoming almost crippling. Yesterday I went to lock up my business for the evening and stood outside the door looking at my key ring for what seemed like an eternity trying to figure out which key to use. This is a family business and I have had a key to it since I was 16!!! I shouldn't have to think about which key it is!!

Please help!! Is there ANYTHING I can take to help my poor foggy brain???
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hi,
    What is happening to you sounds exactly like what happens to me when I'm over extended. I was able to take early retirement, but since you still have to work, please let me share some things that have helped me, at times when I couldn't even balance my checkbook, etc...:

First, I make a mixture of blue berries, raspberries, and blackberries, add a little basalmic vinegar and Splenda (some people don't approve of Splenda, but I have had no adverse effects from it), and eat about 2 /3 cup as a snack a couple of times a day.(This is a recipe fom the Barefoot Contessa). Bluebrries would probably be best alone, but I don't like them, so I add the other berries. It works really well for me.

Second, a mixture of 50%raisins and 50%almonds, snacked on during the day, has shown to improve concentration. Studies have been done with school children and it was shown that their concentration and grades improved. I tried it with my students and it worked.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I know it's scary. I hope these ideas help you.

Big hugs,
    Terry

3. millennia

millennia New Member

Omega 3 oil works wonders for my fog. I read t hat cod liver oil in the higher does needed to help us can be dangerous, but that the ones that are derived from Salmon and stuff are safe. Not sure if it is true, but I read it.
  4. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

I bumped my old thread about Knox Nutrajoint. I took it faithfully for a couple of weeks because it helped so much with brainfog -- but then discovered I could skip days -- must've built up in my system. Now I take it whenever I'm feeling particularly foggy :).

Currently using the unflavored, powdered original formula.
  5. MKlady

MKlady New Member

B12 sublingual
    Acetyl L Carnitine

And talk to your doctor about Namenda. I've had great results with this Alzheimer's drug!
  6. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I know how you feel.. I really thought I was going to lose my job if it got any worse.. I was getting lost trying to drive home!!
    I started Cymbalta a few months ago.. I'm taking the maximum dose.. while it hasn't done wonders with the pain, my mind is more clear than it has been in ages.. I'm remembering words.. I haven't tried to answer the remote control instead of the phone lately.. it has really been a godsend to me..
  7. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

it clears me up.Not all the time but sometime.linda