is there help for balance problems?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Nov 2, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I suffered from this last year and then it sort of got better,
    the bones in my head hurt and my earlobes go numb.
    now I have this dizzy feeling again when I look down and pull out drawers I feel like I"m moving with them .Its really starting to get to me.
    my head feels like a balloon.

finding trigger points in my back and neck seem to help somewhat,
    I feel like theres tension in my neck at all times.
    if anyone else has any suggestions I"m willing to try just about anything. thanks sixtyslady
  2. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Hmm, those are odd symptoms, the numb earlobes anyway, but I get some doozies too.

Pantothenic acid may help you. Sounds like a neurotransmitter problem and if neck massage helps then there may be a muscle to nerve conduction problem and that's where p.a. may help alot. P.a. is vit. B5, it is presurser to a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine which is essential for muscle to nerve conduction, and being a neurot. it also aids mood/memory.

Everyone I know who's tried it benefits in different ways, but they've all benefited and I haven't heard of adverse reactions to what seems like a high dose. I don't need to take it every day lately, but at times I need 500 mgs, 2-3 times daily. When I get very cranky and clumsy, I know I need it again.

Jeanne
  4. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I really do think its in my neck because my earlobes only go numb when I'm lying down.
    but good advice I"m willing to try both suggestion.
    I have the trigger point book but guess I haven't found the right page for this problem yet.

thanks again Ill let you know if this helps.

sixtyslady
  5. janieb

janieb New Member

I just love your posts, basically because you're I'm a sixties lady. I have lots of problems with balance. I told my husband yesterday that I had a dizzy spell and it felt like everything was in a dream.

Thought it was probably because I'm on a couple of new medications.

Our granddaughter was out last night and a foster daughter, and I was trying to get dinner on the table. Everything I touched spilled or ran over, or whatever. So, the balance problem is there. Just feel so clumsy.

Yours sounds like a sinus infection to me. Did you check for tenderness around your eyes? They have made me feel like that, too.

Hope you find help.

Blessings,

janieb
  6. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

hey we"re almost neighbors .I live in northern Il.

I use to think mine was sinus.s, but I think its to do with all the muscles in my neck and shoulders.I really have alot of pain there.

I"ve been trying to learn the trigger points and work on them,Its kind of hard to do them yourself.
    and my hubby just doesn"t get the idea of the knots in my neck and shoulders.
    but glad to hear from another sixtys gal.
    sixtyslady