Is there something in your throat?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SPR30, Sep 19, 2003.

1. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

I get a feeling that there is something stuck in my throat right at the back of my tongue. It isn't post nasal drip and I have no swollen tonsils or infection. It just feels likea hair or splinter is stuck and it causes me to gag. Sometimes I can't eat because of this feeling.
    I am going to have my doc look at it next week, maybe I have a small growth or something. Anyone got any idea of what this is?
    A good friend of mine had this and turns out she had cancer. She ided a few months later. I doubt this is the case for me, but it is very bothersome.
  2. suz41

suz41 New Member

It is very bothersome, howver I agree with the previous post I think it is some type of nerve or sensory problem that occurs with FM. I drink alot of water when this happens or chew gum seems to help and water is good for us anyways. I would have the doctor check it out you may have a mild allergy and maybe there is an inflammation. Try not to panic, I have heard about many people experiencing this comes and goes. Let us know how you are doing.

Suz
  3. NanceZ

NanceZ New Member

i think there is some connection to a low thyroid function and a choking feeling deep in the throat
  4. j9miller

j9miller New Member

It is sometimes related to being hypothyroid. That is what happens to me and I am hypothyroid. The meds help most of the time ... you can also become hoarse. Get your blood levels checked out. Take care.

Janine

[ advertisement ]