Is there wisdom with age?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Denamay, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Here I am, almost 70 years old and am having a crisis of faith.

I have worshiped at a christiam church for many years.

I have recieved much love, strength and encouragement from many wonderful
    people, through some very trying times:for these folks I am eternally grateful.

But, lately the doubts that I had over the years, have come to the forfront.

I once though I knew God through his son Jesus but now I am not sure.

Is there more to God than can be held by any religion?
    I think there has to be!

I consider all the works of creation and wonder how mere mortals can know the mind of God.BR>
    The magnitde is too great for me to comprehend.

We all share in the love of friends, the birth of new life, beauty in its many forms, the works of nature and of man.
    >
    I have left the confines of my local church, still loving much of what is there and leaving the rest.

I am starting to think that agnostics and [gasp even athiests] might have a more honest, forgiving sense of the spiritual than I do.
    In love Denamay

[This Message was Edited on 01/22/2009]
  2. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

There are many messengers of love, peace and truth. Jesus Christ is our Lord and Reedemer.He is the one and only sent by God. Having said that yes I believe we can all get along by respecting others' opinions, whether we agree or not. Blessings, Jeanne
  3. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Thank you for your love and concern.
    You seem to be a prayer warrior.
    I understand what you say about a relationship rather than a religion.
    Agape love is exactly what I am looking for.
    You ask if I have been born again,the answer is yes, and it was a very moving experience for me.

I ask you, if the devil has his way with me will I spend eternity in the pit of hell?
    Meaning, as I understand it, I am forever removed from the love of God.
    Very scary stuff, for the many billions of souls lost forever.

I am ever hopeful that I am finding my way out bondage into a more loving, kinder old age.

I shall not let fear stop me from finding what I know is the greater good for myself, my family, friends, nations and the world that God loves so much.

Waiting for you answer, Denamay

4. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

I deleted my original post re:intelligent design v. big bang, because I felt I hadn't worded my response very clearly. My reasoning is :it seems more logical to believe intelligent design had a hand in the creation big bang or not as opposed to it just happening. I guess that's the mystery of faith. Believing without fully understanding.Just trying to grasp the concept of eternity blows my mind! Jeanne
  5. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

Interesting post. Reading the part about the devil really caught my eye. I have fallen prey to the devil's ways. It was a time in my life when I wasn't practicing my faith. I really believe that satan looks for those little "cracks" to worm his way in. I have asked and received God's forgivness. I think I took a huge growth in my faith as a result of this trangression.I guess God allows us to fail through our free will,because in my case in really brought me closer to Him. Blessings,Jeanne
  6. jole

jole Member

I too have had my doubts about my faith in the past, but I also know I could not have survived it all without Him. Have you had much bible study in the past? What has helped me the most is daily reading of the bible.

A good place to start for me was Acts (towards the back of the bible). I mentally put myself in that time frame and everything just seemed to have so much meaning for me, coming to life as if I were there. You might want to try this if you're interested, okay?

Blessings to you...I know the uncertainty is not fun, and can carry a heavy weight! ***Jole***
  7. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

A voice shouting out in the wilderness ! Keep it up . It is so good that the Lord has different parts of the same body to speak for Him.
    I have been told that I am like Peter. I tend to be impulsive sometimes , but I love the Lord dearly and can get pretty fired up . I wonder what other Biblical ones we can see in people here ?
    Love,
    Holly
    [This Message was Edited on 01/24/2009]
  8. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

Yes there is definitely wisdom with age. My faith is so much deeper than it was when I was younger.

Remember John 3:16 , "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Can't remember the quote word for word that I once read, but it went something like this.....I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die only to find out there isn't, then live my life as if there isn't, only to die and find out there is.

God loves you.