Is this a bogus test?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Bunchy, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Hi all,

I haven't posted on this board yet.

I have no firm diagnosis and my illness is more complex with more symptoms and obscure progression than Fibro and CFS - I'm still searching for answers after nearly TWENTY YEARS!!!

A couple of years ago I had a telephone consultation with a doctor who believed EVERY illness was caused by Lyme - he didn't even ask me about my symproms but just said seeing as I was chronically ill and still undiagnosed I "must have Lyme". He sent me a kit to send a slide of blood in the post to him (so NOT live blood) and he said there were "spirochaetes" seen on it so I must definitely have Lyme.

I thought his methods and lack of discussion and reasoning didn't add up so I didn't pursue it any further.

But I was wondering did that test mean ANYTHING or wouldn't everyone (even normals) have some spirochaetes in their blood anyway?

Any input useful - I'm not sure if my symptoms are Lyme, CFS, Lupus or something even weirder right now.

Love Bunchy x
    [This Message was Edited on 11/02/2007]
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I'm not sure about this test. I dont know much about it. I dont' think everyone would have spirochetes in their blood.

This dr did sound like he was a bit too eager to give a lyme diagnosis. There are a few LLMD's out there like that from what I hear.

But it doens't mean you don't have lyme disease. If you've been sick for this many years you owe it to yourself to get tested properly for Lyme disease. Try an ignenex test and see what happens.

good luck!!

dar
  3. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Spirochetes are really hard to catch in action. Shifty little buggers. They still can't grow spirochetes in the lab and they've been trying for over 100 years.

I'm concerned that the blood wasn't fresh. Did he see a dead spirochete on the slide?

I'd get an Igenex WB to find out for sure. I got one last year and figured out it was Lyme. Been sick since 1981 mabye even as far back as 1969 after a trip to the Ozarks.

How many of these symptoms do you have?

http://www.canlyme.com/
  4. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Sorry, have been offline for a while due to service provider changeover and consequent problems.

From the Lyme website you gave me I have about 35 of the 70 symptoms plus many other symptoms not mentioned at all on the website.

I'm starting a Banderol and Burbur protocol as soon as I receive the products.

Still not sure this is the whole picture though.

Love Bunchy x
  5. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Most people have strong herxs to the herbals depending on your bacterial load. If one drop is too strong you mix it up but only drink 1/2 the glass. Keep the other 1/2 for tomorrow.

From your profile I thought Lyme right away. It goes hand in hand with neuro symptoms and the ME/CFS/FM diagnosis.

Lyme is everywhere but Antartica. I think it's already a global pandemic. Interesting article:

www.ilads.org/files/harvey.pdf

As far as more going on that could be the case. If you read my profile you'll see that it's possible to have all sorts of overlapping symptoms.

Have your hormones been tested? Many Lymies are low in hormones. I hit the jackpot being low in 7 of them. I started feeling better with hGH. I also have hypercoagulation and this is being treated with heparin. Very helpful to me.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/08/2007]
  6. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I started the Banderol and Burbur - I am already up to 10 drops of Banderol and 10 drops of Burbur. I can't tell much difference in anything yet - is that normal? I can't afford to take more!

Also started a good Magnesium supplement - think that may be helping some with muscle stiffness and pain but could be placebo effect - will wait and see.

I thought people were supposed to herx on the herbs - no sign of herxing here yet :-(

Love Bunchy x