Is this a flare or something else do you think..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cc0526, Jun 11, 2006.

1. cc0526

cc0526 New Member

I've only recently been officially diagnosed with CFSIDS for a few months but have been sick for much much longer. The last 2 "flares" I had were about 5 weeks apart and started with fevers, horrible sore throat, migraines, hypotension, dehydration (severe GI-IBS problems) and ended up in bed for at least a week not to mention another week or more to build up strenth to get back to my "baseline".

I have had about another 5-6 weeks since the last hospital stay and I am feeling bad but not quite as severe as before. My body hurts all over, more than usual, like a bad flu. I'm more tired than usual (which is bad) and even the ritalin isn't helping that much. I also have the low grade fever again. Mostly I'm just sore.

I had a really busy week at work with our yearly surprize state survey that lasted 4 days and ended up working 6 (12 hour) shifts in 7 days. I got through that surprizingly well. I have four days off now and this is day 3. Yesterday I stayed in bed all day sore, but today my body aches all over and the fever. I'm not having any GI symptoms like with the bad flares...knock on wood... and I am able to stay awake even though I'm stuck in bed because of the pain and overall feeling of crappyness :)

I'm sure not all flares are the same. I'm just praying this is the worst this one gets.

Thanks for listening and for any advice.

Patty
  2. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

I've got a post that's probably a few lines below yours right now asking for someone to please describe a flare. Look there and see if any of that helps you. I'm having a major one, or I would stay and chat. This reply should bump you back to the top for more answers though. Mine is titled ******PLEASE******Describe flare for me. I'll try and check back with you later.
    Hope you're feeling better soon.
  3. cc0526

cc0526 New Member

Thanks, I must have just missed it when I posted mine. Those resonses were very helpful.

Thanks,
    Patty