Is this an anxiety attack?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

I will be brief... lots of stress this week, upset about bills and daughter has been lying, just caught her in yeat another one..right now...

seems hard to get a breath
    like an elephant is sitting on my chest
    horrible headache (front of my head)
    Racey Heart
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

An anxiety attack is 1000x less, it's a bit unnerving but tolerable. I went for years with these symptoms, except for the headache, but I haven't had any more of the strange feelings in my chest since I started with super electrolyte solutions and mineral supplements. Now I'm just tired and feel a little low on oxygen if I do to much but it beats the hell of not being able to breathe right and freaky, psycho heartbeats. good luck, karen
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

yes - I have MVP... I just figured it goes with this stressful week... seems we are also having a tornado here.

not sure how to calm down or feel better :-(
  4. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

thanks - do I sound like you felt when it happened. My center chest is so heavy (little pain) just heavy and my joints are def..under attack now... here comes the flare up.

This part is new to me and scary
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

you should really be checked out by a physician to be on the safe side.

Take care,

Karen :)
  6. Empower

Empower New Member

Really doesn't sound like a typical anxiety attack to me
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

do not take a chance go to your ER and get checked out
  8. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

I found I had a valium from a doc (over a year ago) for spasms... I took that,not much of an effect,but I am breathing a little better, heart is still racing.

Still feels like I have a knife lodged in my head & now having some off and on pinching pain in my left lower side (not sure what organ is over there) It gets real painful and lets up... it has only been doing this for 30 minutes now.

I HATE, like lots of you, going to the ER... I feel like they rush you out of there (after 9 hours or so) and you still do not know what is wrong :-(

Thank you all so much.. any idea on the side pain with it?
    hugs
  9. lease79

lease79 New Member

Could be chronic anxiety. I walked around in a state of constant anxiety for a couple of years :( Those symptoms fitted in with what I was going through & all testing came back normal.
    Get yourself checked out to make sure that it's nothing serious ;) Better to be safe.
  10. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. Wish I would have checked posts earlier today, I hate to see you feeling so badly. From some of your posts, it seems like you have been going through an awful lot lately. I don't know if it is anxiety or not, but with you MVP I would get checked out just in case. I have had severe anxiety attacks, feel like I can't breathe, feel like I am going to pass out, rapid heartbeat, headache from stress. But I don't always get the headache. I hope by now you have gone to get checked out. Please update us soon! I am saying a prayer for you. Kim :)