Is this anxiety attacks?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Deb*NC*, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Deb*NC*

Deb*NC* New Member

I am having pains like I have swallowed a knife,it hurts from the throat to between my breast,Its like having contractions and they hurt really bad,it comes and goes.I take zantac and that doesnt help at al,I really dont know if its heartburn or panic attacks..Could someone please help me with this..When I have the pains it hurts to talk or to even breath. Thank You,Debbie
  2. Deb*NC*

Deb*NC* New Member

I am having pains like I have swallowed a knife,it hurts from the throat to between my breast,Its like having contractions and they hurt really bad,it comes and goes.I take zantac and that doesnt help at al,I really dont know if its heartburn or panic attacks..Could someone please help me with this..When I have the pains it hurts to talk or to even breath. Thank You,Debbie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

It sounds like acid reflux that you have. But you could also have heartburn with it.

I sure hope you get some relief soon, that is a misery.

Try sleeping with you head higher than your body, and don't eat anything heavy or acidic before bedtime.

Also, if you are taking meds, supplements, or even OTC's, do not lay down for at least a half hour after taking them, they will stay in your throat and cause the burn. Also drink water, it sounds crazy, but drinking water helps.

Hope this helps a little.

There is so many things for this, I would not know what to tell you to try. Tums help Mylanta liquid is good, but it could be caused my many things.

Yes, it could be caused by anxiety.

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 08/24/2002]
  4. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Panic attacks don't cause pain. Sounds like maybe you need to get to ER if that pain doesn't stop soon! Panic attacks cause discomfort and a tightness in the throat and chest, but not the kind of pain you are describing. We can also have chest pain from FM, but it's in the wall of the chest and not as hard as the pain you are having.....as far as I know. If the pain continues for more than a few more minutes, get your butt to ER and let us know what happens!!!

ssMarilyn
  5. Deb*NC*

Deb*NC* New Member

I havent had the pain in a week or two.I go to the dr Monday,so I will talk to im about it then..Thanks for all the replies.Debbie